Georgia vote

In our social group, I asked the question if this was the best we could do. One of our members said that no one in the right mind would want to get into the political arena and deal with all this sh*t show, and lies that opponents use during the campaigns. Politics is becoming a political circus. Whether this was right or not, it makes a lot of sense. I guess it requires a special kind of person to be capable to deal with all this crap.

In our social group, I asked the question if this was the best we could do. One of our members said that no one in the right mind would want to get into the political arena and deal with all this sh*t show, and lies that opponents use during the campaigns. Politics is becoming a political circus. Whether this was right or not, it makes a lot of sense. I guess it requires a special kind of person to be capable to deal with all this crap.
That might be true in some cases, but there were good choices in the primary. They just didn’t win… Saddler for example was a Navy SEAL and director of the national security council. Surely that’s a better candidate than a football player with CTE…

Edit to add: despite all of this I did support and vote for him because he was better than the alternative. But in my circle, no one was fired up about him and I’m surprised he got as close to winning as he did.

That might be true in some cases, but there were good choices in the primary. They just didn’t win… Saddler for example was a Navy SEAL and director of the national security council. Surely that’s a better candidate than a football player with CTE…

Edit to add: despite all of this I did support and vote for him because he was better than the alternative. But in my circle, no one was fired up about him and I’m surprised he got as close to winning as he did.
Very good point and thank you for pointing that out. I had forgotten about him, sh*t and I even voted for him. :(

Whatever happen to Doug Collins in Georgia? Seemed like a solid guy as a Congressman. Many people thought he was going to get the Senate appointment that Loeffler got instead. Then we got Herschel Walker as a candidate.

Whatever happen to Doug Collins in Georgia? Seemed like a solid guy as a Congressman. Many people thought he was going to get the Senate appointment that Loeffler got instead. Then we got Herschel Walker as a candidate.
Yeah, I forgot about that, he should have been appointed instead of Loeffler. Probably wouldn't have been in this situation with Warnock as the incumbent.

You y'all realize that you want people that are good for the country. Not people that promise more benefits to you...look at the shift we are seeing. I don't think the bigger picture has been fully revealed.

Once the powers are in full control, not sure if that is in 2 years or 20. Fewer and fewer people, “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country”. How many people that vote R believe that line. I say most, how many people that vote R would consider someone like JFK today? I don't know (honestly neither side has that type of person).

You y'all realize that you want people that are good for the country. Not people that promise more benefits to you...look at the shift we are seeing. I don't think the bigger picture has been fully revealed.

Once the powers are in full control, not sure if that is in 2 years or 20. Fewer and fewer people, “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country”. How many people that vote R believe that line. I say most, how many people that vote R would consider someone like JFK today? I don't know (honestly neither side has that type of person).
JFK, particularly his vision for America and his tax policy, reflected Reagan far more than anything the Democrat party has advocated in forty years.

Walker got 200k fewer votes in the runoff than he did in the primary. He couldn’t overcome the negative press about paying for abortions and his son’s allegations. Other than the senate race November’s election was great for Georgia Republicans. The other Republicans running for statewide office in GA all won with more than 50% of the vote.…thus avoiding a runoff. The Donald once called Walker unstoppable. Candidate quality matters.

Republicans need to spend more energy getting voters to the polls and less time trying to change folks minds. This is what the democrats have done well the last few voting cycles, and in my opinion why Hershal lost. At the end Hershal spent the majority of his time shaking hands and kissing babies. He should have been making sure all the folks the voted for him the first time got to the polls and brought someone with them.
it seems to me like many of the republican candidate campaign strategies have been backwards not just Hershel. They are mobilizing their base as the start of the campaign and then stumping leading up to the vote. The Democrats are that are successful doing just the opposite. I get that there is always the swing voter that may need a push at the end, but it doesn't do any good if those folks dont go to the polls.

Republicans need to spend more energy getting voters to the polls and less time trying to change folks minds. This is what the democrats have done well the last few voting cycles, and in my opinion why Hershal lost. At the end Hershal spent the majority of his time shaking hands and kissing babies. He should have been making sure all the folks the voted for him the first time got to the polls and brought someone with them.
it seems to me like many of the republican candidate campaign strategies have been backwards not just Hershel. They are mobilizing their base as the start of the campaign and then stumping leading up to the vote. The Democrats are that are successful doing just the opposite. I get that there is always the swing voter that may need a push at the end, but it doesn't do any good if those folks dont go to the polls.
That is a lesson to learn and we also need to go to school on Virginia and Florida. In the one, an essentially blue state went for a Republican governor, and in the other a conservative republican governor won by 20 points and carried Miami-Dade! Neither needed Trump.

One other little problem that the Warnock win causes is the complete neutralization of Manchin and Senima.

Hershel Walker isn't qualified to be a pizza delivery driver let alone a United States Senator. 2026 will be the GOP's opportunity to knock out Ossoff but only if they nominate a sensible candidate.
Warnock is even LESS qualified!!!

Doug Collins is a saavy guy, but a little too right thinking not to mention sane to swing the low info voter...

Why can't WE all get to the polls the democrat way and illegally send our mail in ballots....oh yeah, they would actually INVESTIGATE our side. GRRRR

Here is the one of the unfortunate facts. D’ s will vote forever who is on the ballot as long as there is a D after there name. R’s on the other hand will not. Until R’s can get there based to show up and vote like D’s do, R will continue to lose elections.

You cannot count on I’s to win an election. They are just as unreliable voters as some R’s.

Here is the one of the unfortunate facts. D’ s will vote forever who is on the ballot as long as there is a D after there name. R’s on the other hand will not. Until R’s can get there based to show up and vote like D’s do, R will continue to lose elections.

You cannot count on I’s to win an election. They are just as unreliable voters as some R’s.
It really wouldn't matter with early voting, late votes being counted, drop boxes and mail in voting our elections have become a joke. Fraud is rampant and the side with the fewest scruples will win. We have become a banana republic, in my opinion a sinking ship. Sad!!!

That is a lesson to learn and we also need to go to school on Virginia and Florida. In the one, an essentially blue state went for a Republican governor, and in the other a conservative republican governor won by 20 points and carried Miami-Dade! Neither needed Trump.
I'm hoping that DeSantis makes a run, his message obviously made an impact across lines. I'm not sure who the right person is to run our country. I have not seen THE person to run, Trump was at the right place at the right time with the right message. He never was/is a true Republican, he is a business man, and way better choice than Clinton. Most people wanted a none political person in office, a middle finger to the establishment so to speak. When his ego or when people seen his true ego (might be a better choice of word), he had a harder fight.

No one is perfect, I just can't believe we as a people don't demand better. My old boss told me Obama was going to win (1st term), I told him no way in hell. Not for all he stood for, boss looked at me and said seen it too many times before the pendulum is swinging the other way. That old man was correct and proved to me, I was more naive than I knew.

Talking out loud, I don't really know anyone in their right mind that would want to jump through the hoops to do it. I certainly don't want my past dragged through the mud. It is crazy how much was have changed in the last 40 years.

A Marquette Law School poll run Nov 15-22 shows Desantis ahead of Trump. I don‘t recall seeing this outcome until now.

63% Desantis v 36% Trump (of voters) and 55% Desantis v 45% Trump (of Republican respondents)

I assume (perhaps wrongly). That the difference between the “voter” result and the ”Republican” response are the Independent respondents.

Turning point?

Well it just goes to show you when you elect an insane man to be president you than can end up with a senile old fool in office. Let's face it Walker was a dead beat dad and a Trump hanger on. Actually old Trump would have been slapped by Patton for his bad foot excuse. Both parties have pretty poor excuses for candidates and that will be the norm for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping that DeSantis makes a run, his message obviously made an impact across lines. I'm not sure who the right person is to run our country. I have not seen THE person to run, Trump was at the right place at the right time with the right message. He never was/is a true Republican, he is a business man, and way better choice than Clinton. Most people wanted a none political person in office, a middle finger to the establishment so to speak. When his ego or when people seen his true ego (might be a better choice of word), he had a harder fight.

No one is perfect, I just can't believe we as a people don't demand better. My old boss told me Obama was going to win (1st term), I told him no way in hell. Not for all he stood for, boss looked at me and said seen it too many times before the pendulum is swinging the other way. That old man was correct and proved to me, I was more naive than I knew.

Talking out loud, I don't really know anyone in their right mind that would want to jump through the hoops to do it. I certainly don't want my past dragged through the mud. It is crazy how much was have changed in the last 40 years.
Over the last many decades of voting, I’ve seen many people that I thought would be good candidates for various elected positions, but they never run. I’m wondering if they too don’t want to have their past dragged through the mud and/or they have one too many “skeletons “ in their closet which may come out if they ran for office? Has made me wonder at times?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonieF50

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!