Gentleman's Jewelry

That is a beautiful rifle. I am trying to get my gentlemen's jewelry but I am a long way away still...

1657051286696.png
1657051299439.png

“Gentlemen’s jewelry”. I’ll have to remember that when my wife buys some “Gentlewomen’s” jewelry (or more likely a high end quilting machine) and then it’s my turn. LOL Congrats on a fine rifle!

@degoins this is for you.

Decided on my ammo belt. Major like of this is it goes over everything else, easy on, easy off, and quick relocation of the ammo if desired.

You can see I added a gun belt to my kit. Still need to locate some different, one hand quick release swivels for it- anyone got any suggestions?

FedEx just dropped off the ammo. Nosler is the only ammo company that will ship to me (in Alaska), a non-dealer. They understand a cardinal rule of business- never turn down money. All the others don't and are just too lazy. And how about the ammo box, velvet lined to gently cradle those $20 rounds.

Oh, and I've got 8 snap caps. Two in the gun and six in the belt.

Time to practice, practice, practice. No excuses.

IMG_6114.jpg

Very very nice gear!! Practical and goes nicely with your fine double.
Thanks yet again for sharing.

@degoins this is for you.

Decided on my ammo belt. Major like of this is it goes over everything else, easy on, easy off, and quick relocation of the ammo if desired.

You can see I added a gun belt to my kit. Still need to locate some different, one hand quick release swivels for it- anyone got any suggestions?

FedEx just dropped off the ammo. Nosler is the only ammo company that will ship to me (in Alaska), a non-dealer. They understand a cardinal rule of business- never turn down money. All the others don't and are just too lazy. And how about the ammo box, velvet lined to gently cradle those $20 rounds.

Oh, and I've got 8 snap caps. Two in the gun and six in the belt.

Time to practice, practice, practice. No excuses.

View attachment 475457
Really nice double. Being of French descent, here in Louisiana, I favor Verny Carron doubles. Can you share the stock dimensions?

I have never been "measured" for a gun, or rifle, but know that the LOP and drop at Comb, and drop at Heel matter. Your rifle looks like a careful measurement for both. I am just getting sorted out with my double 450/400 Nitro, that does not have enough drop at heel for my long scrawny neck. Trijicon red dot has helped me sort this out.

Bump for a good rifle.

I've been longing for a .500 Nitro to pair with my .400 Jeffery.

CR

@cajunchefray length of pull is 14.5" and 13.5", which is spot on for me. I don't know how to get you the other two measurements. For me if I can throw the rifle up and my cheek lines up perfectly every time and I'm aligned to the sights every time then I've got a winner. Like you, I've never been measured for a gun. Normally I'm not overly concerned with LOP but with this I wanted it perfect, too long and I might be one of those who accidentally double fires.

The weight is 11.6 pounds.

What part of LA? I've got a place in Houma I use in the winter to base out o for fishing.

Wow, what a great looking double!! Congratulations!!

More photos. The first is the front sight. I positioned the old-guy blade in the vertical position so you can see the difference between the two. Even though I've got 20/20 vision I actually think I like it better for quick sight alignment. I'll report back on any accuracy differences between the two after I get the ammo. At 25 yards and under on Elephant or Buffalo I can't imagine accuracy would be any different, but that's just a guess at this point.

View attachment 474516

View attachment 474517

View attachment 474518

View attachment 474519
Beautiful rifle! Congratulations!

Cast off is also very important. I am no expert but I think the best way to sort out this three dimensional puzzle is with an adjustable fitting jig that the shotgun fitters use.

Now that’s just purdy! If I sold all of my rifles I probably couldn’t afford one of those. :(

@cajunchefray length of pull is 14.5" and 13.5", which is spot on for me. I don't know how to get you the other two measurements. For me if I can throw the rifle up and my cheek lines up perfectly every time and I'm aligned to the sights every time then I've got a winner. Like you, I've never been measured for a gun. Normally I'm not overly concerned with LOP but with this I wanted it perfect, too long and I might be one of those who accidentally double fires.

The weight is 11.6 pounds.

What part of LA? I've got a place in Houma I use in the winter to base out o for fishing.
Thanks for your reply with the measurable stock dimensions. I agree, when I shoulder the rifle and the sights line up, I'm good.

I live 50 miles Northwest of New Orleans, near the intersection of I-55 and I-12; north of Lake Maurepas, and North of flooding.

Houma is about an hour and half south from me, and even less when I lived on Grand Isle. Truly a Sportsman's Paradise!

@cajunchefray Grand Isle sure got run over by Hurricane Ida. What a cool history that area has being the home of the pirate Jean Laffite and his 1,000 followers. It is sad that so much of the marsh has disappeared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg