Game Farm In Botswana Wanted

[3/12, 18:34] : I have 4 Borehole’s three working one as standby. All working on solar power. We have 7 watering holes. About 185 km of roads inside the farm. 45 km of fire breaks. Good Bonnox Fence all around the farm. We have solar generator at main house with 35 KVA generator. We have chalets 3 thatched with eating lappa and cold room. With 35KVA generator. All gysers solar power in the chalets. We also have three potacabin en-suite and they have heated gysers.
At main house we have 4 en-suite bedrooms , dining lounge and kitchen. Cell phone booster , power either by solar or generator. All rooms air conditioned , we have entertainment are where lappa has raised viewing deck and a relaxing area. Below deck is a room with 7 beds , middle room has space to be a dinning area or whatever you want it to be. Next to it is a room with two beds and a bathroom / toilet.
Outside we have a lappa for dinning and siting around the fire. Whole area lit by solar lights around the fence. Internal area has both solar and generator power.
New development is 4 log cabins en-suite. A pool area and garden. Cabins up but need finishing off. So is the garden and pool. Lockdown slowed completion. We have white eland , white duicker and golden wildebeest on the farm. We have plent new offsprings but can’t count them as we don’t know how many will survive
[3/12, 18:35] It's 5km by 10km and from Gaborone to the farm 107 km

@kingmphoeng In case you haven't noticed the OP was from 2011, it has been 10 years.
It's ok. It allows us all to dream at least! :)

The way the U.S. is going, Bots is looking better and better!

Hello Panther,

I cant promise you anything but i have some really good friends who farm in Botswana and have so for generations maybe they can help you , ill ask them for info...

Please email me ( email is in my signature below ).

Please let me know some more details eg : size range , area. Are you willing to look into farms that are not high fenced ?

regards owen
Hello to you all ... i am looking to buy freehold game farm land , strictly for hunting ..... 1000 hectares or 2000 / 3000 hectares ; i prefer it to be south of Maun way down to Ghanzi ....basically Kalahari area .... ( i hope this feed still beating ! ) .
thanks

This was some of the best general information on property ownership in Botswana that I found in my searches.

General information on owning property in Botswana.

General

The best option for any foreigner to buy a farm / property in Botswana is on the 90 year lease system. We register the farm in a dormant company and the previous owner then signs a contract that transfers his 100% to the new owner(s) of the company in which the farm is registered. Its a normal shares transfer. When the lease period is coming to an end the current owner(s) has first option to renew the lease period for a further 50 years. If you want to sell the farm it is once again just a share transfer transaction.

The only other cost is that you have to pay 70 Thebe per hectare per year to the government for the use of the farm. There are no transfer duty to be paid on the 90 year lease system. Only attorney fees.

Property Registration

Registration of a company is about between P2,500 and P3,500 per company and about P100 per extra function you want to register.

During the registration process the client's money lies in his own business bank account. As soon as the registration is complete we organise a bank guaranteed cheque for the attorney. The money in the account serves as a guarantee for the attorney.

Interest on money in Botswana bank accounts is at about 12% per year. Attorneys in Botswana do not get any interest on trust money. You have to have a turnover of P300,000 to qualify for taxation.

Permits

As soon as you invest P50,000 into your companies account, you and your family automatically qualify for residential and working permits. It usually takes about 6 weeks after the transaction for the permits to be ready. Dependants (18 years and younger) does not qualify for a working permit. When the age of 18 is reached the person's employer can apply for him/her for a working permit OR the director can sign 1% of his shares off to this person so that he/she can qualify for a working permit.

If you apply at immigration for the permits it costs about P1,500. We use a consultant who worked at Labour and Immigration for years. This person asks P4,500 per director, but then it is basically guaranteed that you will get the permits. Any dependant pays only P500. Permits are valid for 5 years. After ten years you can choose between citizenship or to only be a permanent resident.

Import Taxes

Import tax is 10% on all new goods. Old goods are also 10% but you have to make a "dummy invoice" that declares the value of the goods, so it basically depends on you.

Hunting

An open game farm (a farm that isnt closed off with game fence) gets a POT licence. On such a farm you are only capable to hunt a certain amount of game per year from the second week in March to the second week in September.

Where as if you close the farm off with game fence, you are entitled to hunt any amount, any time of the year and qualify for exemption. Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos and Buffalos need permit even if you have exemption on the farm. You will only get one permit for a lion every two years. Buffalos can only be hunted in the Okavango Delta.

Permit prices:

Leopard P10,000
Elephant P20,000
Buffalo P20,000
Lion P30,000
Building Cost

Building cost is round about P3,000 per square meter.

Cattle fence: 1.4 meters high with 5 strands - about P5,000 per km, which includes the labour and materials. Game fence: 2.4 meters high with 21 strands - about P15,000 per km, which includes the materials and labour.

Salaries

Salaries for farm workers are about P900 per month per worker. P600 is paid in cash and the other P300 is usually given in maize, tea, sugar, coffee and tobacco.
IF you buy a freehold 1 title deed game farm , its illogically they register it under your name nor your company name as '' leased '' !!! . its unfair , myself i will not do it .

There are a few good sites that you can Google. Are you looking for a game farm to view or hunt on? If it’s to view then I would recommend that you rather consider buying a share in one of the good lodges in the Tuli block or Heineveld.

There are a few good sites that you can Google. Are you looking for a game farm to view or hunt on? If it’s to view then I would recommend that you rather consider buying a share in one of the good lodges in the Tuli block or Heineveld.
well ... its a game farm to hunt . i am not that addicted hunter or enjoy hurting animals ,ill breed these animals & just enjoy the view , hunt in rare occasion's .
I dont like to share , i prefer freehold .
Heineveld sounds good .
i have tried few sites , they are advertising in millions of dollars ! . not the humbled type of people ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!