Future of safari travelling?

PerH

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I was just wondering in the ccp bug travel ban era how will travel be later on,will it for everybody ,or only in worst case for vaccinated ones ?

Seeing how it have affected much of tourismn of all kinds, seeing similarities with Cruise ships and how it have affected that. And Norwegian gov said " no foreign travel abroad unless deemed strict necesseary" and that for year 2 it will be now.

What if it comes to year 3 ,or 4 or 5 ? And if that goes into numeros countries, will the Ara Rewilding be stronger with their 1930s ideas of "con"servation methods ?

Last edited:
I was just wondering in the ccp bug travel ban era how will travel be later on,will it for everybody ,or only in worst case for vaccinated ones ?

Seeing how it have affected much of tourismn of all kinds, seeing similarities with Cruise ships and how it have affected that. And Norwegian gov said " no foreign travel abroad unless deemed strict necesseary" and that for year 2 it will be now.

What if it comes to year 3 ,or 4 or 5 ? And if that goes into numeros countries, will the Ara Rewilding be stronger with their 1930s ideas of "con"servation methods ?
I would hope that at some point the majority of people everywhere will say enough of this nonsense, and vaccines revert to being an individual responsibility.

I am traveling to Zambia in August from the States.

My spouse and I hope to travel to Austria and Hungary in October, but thus far, the EU is still very much a mess and I become more worried daily that it won't be sorted out anytime soon.

I was hoping to visit family in italy this fall. The requirements for essential travel still allow family to visit Italy. I usually only stay 3 or 4 days, due to my wifes medical condition. Hopefully this doesnt change, I cant do the 2 week confinement.
But, might make a stop in rsa, if this bs is overwith by then ?
I have a 4 day fishing trip coming up in 2 weeks to alaska, hopefully the usa dont reignite anything either stateside.
Everything seems to be uncertain. Im not holding my breath for any trip, even domestic.

Here’s some good news I saw recently, hopefully rest of Europe will follow. As far as Africa, what has changed? All the countries that opened to travel have stayed open under the same entry requirements as far as I know?

I just traveled through Ethiopia to South Africa and back in late April to the US (Ohio). Really not that difficult. Rapid Covid test results are becoming more available in more places. Knowing what I do now I would have worried much less with the test result turnaround.

I would like to go visit family in South America unfortunately at the moment there are some serious COVID issues there along with political unrest in some countries.

I am less worried about COVID in relation to travel and more concerned with price increases. Fuel prices were already on the rise and now with a major pipeline shut down it's a certainty that the cost of fuel of all types will go up. I just hope the current administration doesn't decide that we need a huge tax on fuel to "reduce" consumption.

Additionally the airlines are challenged with getting their operations back up to speed. Furloughed pilots have get re-certified on aircraft types, planes that were out of service have to be put back in and some airlines are having issues with finding enough help for counters, etc. No doubt that will increase their costs and those will get passed on to travelers.

Hopefully I'm being overly pessimistic and things get straightened out.

I would like to go visit family in South America unfortunately at the moment there are some serious COVID issues there along with political unrest in some countries.

I am less worried about COVID in relation to travel and more concerned with price increases. Fuel prices were already on the rise and now with a major pipeline shut down it's a certainty that the cost of fuel of all types will go up. I just hope the current administration doesn't decide that we need a huge tax on fuel to "reduce" consumption.

Additionally the airlines are challenged with getting their operations back up to speed. Furloughed pilots have get re-certified on aircraft types, planes that were out of service have to be put back in and some airlines are having issues with finding enough help for counters, etc. No doubt that will increase their costs and those will get passed on to travelers.

Hopefully I'm being overly pessimistic and things get straightened out.
There is a large field off the interstate here between tucson and picacho. Yes, thats a name of a city and not a Pokémon character. Lol
The field has alot of large commercial jets sitting there in storage. Ive often wondered how much money is involved with storage and recertification of all these planes. After all, we will be paying for it in the end !

7X57..............I think you are right on. In the US, with printing presses pumping out money, No longer oil independent, I think inflation is just around the corner. It will hit all sectors. FWB

7X57..............I think you are right on. In the US, with printing presses pumping out money, No longer oil independent, I think inflation is just around the corner. It will hit all sectors. FWB
Inflation is going to be a beast. Since we have essentially been lied to for years regarding inflation...it is already higher that what is being reported.

One only has to look at the price of lumber, the rising price of oil and the upswing in the price of ag commodities to see we're headed down the inflation turnpike. I've been on this road before and it ended badly. The fact that the current administration is a clown show doesn't serve to make one optimistic.

There is a large field off the interstate here between tucson and picacho. Yes, thats a name of a city and not a Pokémon character. Lol
The field has alot of large commercial jets sitting there in storage. Ive often wondered how much money is involved with storage and recertification of all these planes. After all, we will be paying for it in the end !
That is actually the airplane graveyard. A lot of those planes took their last flight to be parked there. Some were trucked in. Don't know if it's possible anymore, but back in the 70s we lived in Yuma. We spent most of an afternoon poking around those old airplanes. It has also been used in a number of films.
I do think a bunch of the Boeings that were grounded ended up there while the FAA sorted out the issue. But by and large, most of what is there won't ever be recertified to fly.

Just saw this

BBC News - Stock markets slide on fears of rising inflation

The US Administration says inflation will not be a problem. But a $75 sheet of plywood that was $30 last year says something else.............thanks, Spike.............FW Bill

That is actually the airplane graveyard. A lot of those planes took their last flight to be parked there. Some were trucked in. Don't know if it's possible anymore, but back in the 70s we lived in Yuma. We spent most of an afternoon poking around those old airplanes. It has also been used in a number of films.
I do think a bunch of the Boeings that were grounded ended up there while the FAA sorted out the issue. But by and large, most of what is there won't ever be recertified to fly.
This is a different field. The boneyard is in tuscon over by kolb and old vail rd. I street raced there as a kid. Very familiar with that place. Haha
The place im talking about has about 50 planes. All large commercial planes. I believe its just west of Marana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg