Free Booze and Food! January 5th, 2023

Hi all.
Due to medical issues I will not make it now for this years event. It will be just to risky with what I have happening.
Really going to miss seeing everyone.

Hi all.
Due to medical issues I will not make it now for this years event. It will be just to risky with what I have happening.
That Sucks Mark! Just take care of yourself and I'm sure you will be better in no time at all. Prayers for your speedy recovery with no further complications.

HH

Seriously hate hearing this Mark... Get well.. We'll keep you in prayers... and we'll raise a glass of brandy and coke in your honor next Thursday night..

If there's still some room, I believe my calendar just cleared next weekend and I'd like to try and join.
@mdwest I will send you a PM.

Hi all.
Mark, All the best with your recovery. I am sure you will have this behind you in short order. You will be in our prayers.

Very generous of you to share your home! I’d love to attend !

If anyone wants or needs a ride from the magnolia hotel area we can handle 2 to 4 extra in our car. P.M. me for our phone number(s)
Looking forward to meeting you fine people there!

This looks like it is gonna be a sizeable soiree!

Im guessing we'll end up somewhere between 40-50 attendees (more than 50 have said "Im in".. but I also understand that life happens, schedule conflicts occur, other priorities prevail, etc.. and that a few folks ultimately wont make it)...

that said.. I apologize in advance for what I anticipate to be a crowded house and likely a loud house lol... We've got the square footage to make it work... but please don't expect a whole lot of extra elbow room... we're hillbillies at heart at the mdwest house.. but Jed Clampetts home in Beverly Hills is not where we live :)

Also.. please do consider sharing an uber, carpooling, etc.. parking is likely going to be a challenge (overcomeable challenge.. but a challenge none the less...)...

I do expect all will have a very nice time, and this will be a great kick off to DSC 2023... we've got a ton of food prepped... enough booze to float a small armada (2 cases of beer, 20+ bottles of wine, a couple of bottles of South African brandy, Amarula, a couple of nice bottle of scotch, a couple of other nice whiskeys, and the wife is making about a gallon of a wonderful winter spiced cocktail that she learned to make on our recent hunting trip to Ireland..)... there are some excellent door prizes (thanks again @Mark Biggerstaff !) already mentioned in this thread plus a couple more surprise door prizes..

as long as we can keep my old army Ranger buddy that's coming over from getting naked and trying to play pin the tail on the wildebeest... I believe everyone will enjoy themselves :D

Still looking like unable to make DSC this year and your party. At least one bottle of wine and a couple glasses of whisky are safe from me.

Hate youre going to miss @wesheltonj .. I have a sneaking suspicion this wont be the last @Bos en Dal SAFARIS party we host.. Im betting a 2024 party will be decided on before the show closes on Sunday :)

Just about got all of the food and drink organized and laid out... pre-party pics to be posted soon :)

Sorry to miss you all there tonight. Had a last minute change of plans that some family came in to town earlier than expected. Cheers to everyone there and at the DSC this weekend!

It was a great night! Thank you for hosting us. I did not win anything, but Dave & family were the most gracious host.
Cheers
BWH

I wanted to be the first to say thank you for hosting us, but more importantly, THANKS TO YOUR WIFE AND DAUGHTER WHO GRACIOUSLY PREPARED ALL THE FOOD (except all the little deserts) as that was not only a lot of work, but done at a level that had my wife guessing you had the event catered. Hats off!

Definitely want to say thanks for having us over. The party was great! We had a blast and I can't wait to talk to the guys from Bos en Dal and get our hunt planned.
Also want to say thanks to @K-man and his lovely wife for giving me and my buddy a ride out to the party and back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!