Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Open invitation for AH members... Thursday, January 5th (Opening night of DSC) 2023 from 7PM until whenever we are done.. the mdwest family will be hosting a @Bos en Dal SAFARIS house party at our home in Allen, TX (DFW suburb).

We'll have plenty of South African wines on hand, beer, and some choice spirits available.. enough food to feed a small army... a few door prizes to give away (more on that later..)..

Whether you're local the DFW area, or coming into town for the annual convention, we'd love to see you.. We're admittedly a bit of a haul from downtown (about a 30 minute uber/cab ride from Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center to our front door outside of rush hour time periods).. but we'll make it worth your while.. a few other AH members have already said they're coming (I've been socializing this privately among people I already know personally).. so I anticipate a nice turnout and great opportunity for members to get to know each other a bit, pick up some swag, have a few drinks, eat some good chow, tell a few hunting tales (i.e. lies :D ), and have a good time...

I'll provide the address via PM to anyone interested (don't want to put that out in public)...

Hope to see a bunch of you guys here in a few weeks!

Open invitation for AH members... Thursday, January 5th (Opening night of DSC) 2023 from 7PM until whenever we are done.. the mdwest family will be hosting a @Bos en Dal SAFARIS house party at our home in Allen, TX (DFW suburb).

We'll have plenty of South African wines on hand, beer, and some choice spirits available.. enough food to feed a small army... a few door prizes to give away (more on that later..)..

Whether you're local the DFW area, or coming into town for the annual convention, we'd love to see you.. We're admittedly a bit of a haul from downtown (about a 30 minute uber/cab ride from Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center to our front door outside of rush hour time periods).. but we'll make it worth your while.. a few other AH members have already said they're coming (I've been socializing this privately among people I already know personally).. so I anticipate a nice turnout and great opportunity for members to get to know each other a bit, pick up some swag, have a few drinks, eat some good chow, tell a few hunting tales (i.e. lies :D ), and have a good time...

I'll provide the address via PM to anyone interested (don't want to put that out in public)...

Hope to see a bunch of you guys here in a few weeks!
excellent initiative ! Wish I lived in Texas :)

That sounds like a great idea, and how generous of you and your family to offer! I'm still not sure if I'll make it downtown to DSC at that time, but since I live just north of you I should be able to make it to this event at your place. Looking forward to meeting you, and cheers! :)

That sounds like a great idea, and how generous of you and your family to offer! I'm still not sure if I'll make it downtown to DSC at that time, but since I live just north of you I should be able to make it to this event at your place. Looking forward to meeting you, and cheers! :)

Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting you!

Unfortunately, it looks like that I will not make DSC again this year, at least not Thursday and Friday. I was planning on Thursday and Friday, as I had half-days by zoom, but was reassigned to full days in person, those two days. I hope you have a great turn out.

Oh, and 30 minutes on North Central to Allen from downtown?

Oh, and 30 minutes on North Central to Allen from downtown?

Not before 630PM lol...

Its right at 22 miles door to door with all but 1.5 miles of the route on 70MPH highway (although even at 630 the best you'll do is 60-65 MPH for about 80% of the route and 40-50 MPH for the remaining 20%)...

I used to make the exact drive a few times a month (wife was an employee of Omni), and still do a similar route once a week (we shoot at a shotgun club south of downtown, we pass right by the Omni on our way to Waxahachie).. as long as you're not trying to make the trip between 7AM - 9AM or 430PM-630PM, I can typically make it in 30-35 minutes..

That said, if there is a wreck on 75, all bets are off (find another route.. you're going to be a while lol)...

1669737353945.png

Mapquest says 26 minutes (25 miles using Allen generically.. and not our actual address)... I think thats a little liberal... 30 is probably more accurate (again, assuming its not rush hour)...

Thanks for the offer Dave. I will have to look up my ticket and see what time I arrive at DFW on Thursday. My hotel is only a quarter mile from the convention center. If I can't work it out, hope to see you at the AH dinner Friday night.

excellent initiative ! Wish I lived in Texas :)
I'm only 300 miles away from Dallas in Arkansas. Sometimes I wish I lived in the Dallas area also, but I never wish for the traffic!!!

Thanks for the offer Dave. I will have to look up my ticket and see what time I arrive at DFW on Thursday. My hotel is only a quarter mile from the convention center. If I can't work it out, hope to see you at the AH dinner Friday night.

We'll definitely be at the AH dinner on Friday night...

Would love to see you at the house on Thursday as well if you can make it... Theres at least one other member that's coming out to Allen from downtown.. carpooling might be an option if there ends up being a handful of guys moving from the same direction at roughly the same time..

Excellent invite and offer. Wish I could join but it’s looking like I’ll be out of town for work Thursday and Friday. Hoping to make the show for a bit on Saturday and Sunday but we’ll see how the work schedule plays out.

I will be there for sure. Thanks Dave.
I will bring a couple bottles of Richelieu!!

Looking forward to it!

We'll make sure there are a few cans of coke to go with that richelieu :D

I will join the party as well! Anyone needs a ride I will be coming from the convention area and just reach out to me. On a side note…what can I bring?

HH

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you HH!

Just bring yourself (and any significant other, etc if you have them in tow)...

Shooting you a PM now with the address..

Very kind and generous invitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross