Frederick Courteney Selous

glassartist

AH member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
Argyll ,Scotland, UK
Website
www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk
Member of
BRITISH DEER SOCIETY, BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR SHOOTING AND CONSERVATION
Hunted
Scotland, England, Africa, USA, Germany
I hand engraved this 12 inch circle of glass working on both sides to give a 3D effect , of my hero .I read his book "A hunters wanderings in Africa" when I was about 10 years old and I have been hooked on Africa and Selous ever since .I am a professional crystal engraving artist so decided I just had to engrave this piece.

crystal009.jpg
 

Attachments

  • crystal009.jpg
    crystal009.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 463
That is an awesome work of art... share more of your work with us.
 
What beautiful work! Ever thought of taking on a sidelock?
 
That's one hell of an artwork, and I'm glad you did it for the love of the man who inspired & continues to inspire most if not all of the true hunters.

That's a tribute worth the effort and I'm sure Selous would have loved it if he would have been here today.

On a double, that work would have been excellent! Goodwork and keep on sharing your work with us.
 
That's one hell of an artwork, and I'm glad you did it for the love of the man who inspired & continues to inspire most if not all of the true hunters.

That's a tribute worth the effort and I'm sure Selous would have loved it if he would have been here today.

On a double, that work would have been excellent! Goodwork and keep on sharing your work with us.

I'm a bit of an "anorack" when it comes to Selous ,I have learned alot about him and have even discovered a relative of his (great nephew) Commander Gerald Selous ,who has several photo's and a mounted kudu head which was the last kudu that Selous shot.
 
EXQUISITE is the word for this artwork David

Monish
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,571,762
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top