Forgotten Weapons: Szecsei & Fuchs

BlackBearsMatter

Reaction score
Hunted
USA
What do you all think of the double barrel bolt action from Szecsei & Fuchs? It looks very interesting, but some of the choices in the design seemed odd, especially the lack of controlled round feed. Video is linked below.

If the action was made a little wider, it could be possible to have counter-rotating bolts using a gear or cam between them. Then they could incorporate the controlled round feed that us bolt action hunters know and love so dearly.

Solution to a non-existent problem? Plus, I think it adds the issue of launching both fired and unfired rounds should you fire just one shot (the narrator was somewhat unclear on that, but I can't see how one avoids it).

Love the ingenuity, but no thanks. Want a double, go with the tried and true. Just seems too complicated and who would want to work on that if you have an issue.

Solution to a non-existent problem? Plus, I think it adds the issue of launching both fired and unfired rounds should you fire just one shot (the narrator was somewhat unclear on that, but I can't see how one avoids it).

Good question! I am going to visit their stand in Moscow hunting show .. I will ask :)

As I started asking the question to him he answered yes it ejects both rounds fired and unfired:) . He said this is one of the questions that comes up very often ..I am attaching the photos of the doubles that he is also building so I hope you guys enjoy ..
IMG_2036.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG

I would hate to have to sort out a "jam" with the double bolt gun in a tight situation!

He makes interesting rifles.
I prefer the SxS though.
The most elaborate fancy-work on some makes them suitable for exhibition cases only. Nice work though.

Were these pix taken at a gun show or his shop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg