Forgotten Weapons: Szecsei & Fuchs

BlackBearsMatter

New member
Joined
Dec 17, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Hunted
USA
What do you all think of the double barrel bolt action from Szecsei & Fuchs? It looks very interesting, but some of the choices in the design seemed odd, especially the lack of controlled round feed. Video is linked below.

If the action was made a little wider, it could be possible to have counter-rotating bolts using a gear or cam between them. Then they could incorporate the controlled round feed that us bolt action hunters know and love so dearly.

 
Solution to a non-existent problem? Plus, I think it adds the issue of launching both fired and unfired rounds should you fire just one shot (the narrator was somewhat unclear on that, but I can't see how one avoids it).
 
Love the ingenuity, but no thanks. Want a double, go with the tried and true. Just seems too complicated and who would want to work on that if you have an issue.
 
Solution to a non-existent problem? Plus, I think it adds the issue of launching both fired and unfired rounds should you fire just one shot (the narrator was somewhat unclear on that, but I can't see how one avoids it).

Good question! I am going to visit their stand in Moscow hunting show .. I will ask :-)
 
As I started asking the question to him he answered yes it ejects both rounds fired and unfired:-) . He said this is one of the questions that comes up very often ..I am attaching the photos of the doubles that he is also building so I hope you guys enjoy ..
IMG_2036.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG
 
I would hate to have to sort out a "jam" with the double bolt gun in a tight situation!
 
He makes interesting rifles.
I prefer the SxS though.
The most elaborate fancy-work on some makes them suitable for exhibition cases only. Nice work though.

Were these pix taken at a gun show or his shop?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,435
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top