Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
This video is part 2 of a multi-episode road trip into Alaska. At the 1:11 point is where all the historical gun guys should go. The gun part last until 5:36 point. If you like a good road trip story Clay Croft and the XOverland people put on a good show.

I can wrap my mind around the gun collection pretty quick. Some nice stuff, some esoteric stuff. More quantity than value in some of what I saw.

But ignoring the guns for a minute, the knives I saw on the walls looked to me (not a knife historian) to be very, very valuable. The original ammo boxes in large bore sizes also valuable. The powder horns also quite valuable. The Indian artifacts, no idea, but amazing.

The scariest thing to such a collection is the idiot heirs that sell it off. Heirs always grab the wrong things, or half a working thing, overinflating the value of one thing while giving away the crown jewels. Make sure your heirs know what everything is worth you’re leaving them and leave clear instructions on what you want them to do with their inheritance.

Each gun that I leave to my junior will have details specification on paper; history, retail price when new, shots fired, present market value. Same for additional equipment, scopes, mounts etc.
All he will need is to look in the notes, kept in safe. Then he can sell it, or keep them, as per his wish.

Great video...

Thanks for sharing. I am already planning dates!

Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross