For Sale Remington 600 Mohawk .308 Winchester & More

Newboomer

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Remington 600 Mohawk .308Win. 18: bbl, bridge mount, rings, composite stock, Kick-eez pad, Timney trigger, dies. $650.00.
136 rd 147gr military FMJ steel core. $150.00.
352 rd 180gr BTHP Ultramax factory reloads. $700.00.
200 rd new 180gr copper FMJ. $500.00.
262 rd once fired brass. $400.00.
Conus, Alaska plus actual shipping charges.

Remington 600 Mohawk .308Win. 18: bbl, bridge mount, rings, composite stock, Kick-eez pad, Timney trigger, dies. $650.00.
136 rd 147gr military FMJ steel core. $150.00.
352 rd 180gr BTHP Ultramax factory reloads. $700.00.
200 rd new 180gr copper FMJ. $500.00.
262 rd once fired brass. $400.00.
Conus, Alaska plus actual shipping charges.
Rifle shipped free to your FFL. Actual shipping cost for ammo.

Had one, deer killin' machine.

As I recall the 600 Mohawk was a plain jane version of the 700 ADL. I read a lot of negativity about the recent 700s but the one that I got, made in 1962 accounted for my first deer and quite a few since then, has been used from South Carolina to Alaska and until it was regulated out of use in hunter education, had been handled and fired by about a thousand students. The only problem it ever had was when my cousin borrowed it and in the process of emptying it, didn't turn the bolt completely down to snap the extractor over the rim, leaving the cartridge in the chamber (read operator error).

It's expect the 600 to be similarly reliable

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure the new owner will be quite pleased.

Remington 600’s and 660’s nothing like 700’s

Remington 600’s and 660’s nothing like 700’s
I suppose having a shorter rear tang and a dogleg in the bolt handle would seem to make it a completely different rifle action to some.

Saw one today at the firearms museum in Cody and thought of this thread. Good gun.

Have had one in 222 Rem since about '74. Great little gun. With each herd sell-off, it stays in the safe. The only downside is the sorry cheap wood stock Rem put on some- "warping wonders" :) Correct the stock problem. Bed it, float the barrel then good to go. The triggers are like all those Remingtons. They have a very good trigger if adjusted correctly. The dog leg bolt is kind of odd looking but actually very fast to cycle in the short action if used to it. Remember the Fireball in the funky, long handgun? - that's the action. :):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.