For Sale Remington 541S Custom Sporter 22lr

Probono

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Kenya, South Africa, Zim, Uganda, USA
Selling my slightly used Remington 541 S Custom Sporter 22LR. 99% condition. shoots like it should. maybe. in original box with papers. Asking $1,060 shipped to your FFL. Pm me me if you want it.
Remigton.JPG
Remington Sporter (4).jpg
Remington Sporter (1).jpg

Last edited:
Still available.

Could you educate me on what makes these so valuable? I was really surprised when I researched them after your post.

I am not in the market (or it would already be sold), but I will happily answer the question and emphatically endorse the rifle :)

The value of this type of full-size, quality, accurate, .22 rifles --- there are a few similar ones: Remington 541, Winchester 52, Anschutz 14xx, 16xx and 17xx series (model 64 and 54 actions), Walther KKJ, CZ 45x series, Cooper 57, Blaser R8 kit, and a few others --- is to allow inexpensive and noninvasive .22 LR training for centerfire hunting.

In addition, they can provide great rabbit hunts when big game season is over or no tag is available...

Put a quality scope in quality rings on it --- I am very happy with the relatively inexpensive but still high quality Zeiss Terra series and Talley rings/bases on my .22 LR rifles --- and you can practice shooting standing from the sticks virtually for free --- I use Remington Thunderbolt $40/500 rounds --- all the way out to 150 yards. Rainbow trajectory, cheap rimfire ammo inconsistency, and wind sensitivity make things a bit unpredictable farther than that...
  • If you live in a city or in densely populated States, you can practice at the local indoor range on a 1" bull's eye paper target at 25 yards, or 2" bull's eye paper target at 50 yards.
  • If you have access to a 100 yards outdoor range, practice on a 4" steel plate.
  • If you have access to a 150 yards outdoor range, practice on a 6" steel plate.
Do not expect tight groups from cheap bulk .22 :E Rofl: but, as the pics below show, it is good enough for the purpose at hand (y)

Here is the goal: 5 series of 5 continuous hits (25 rounds) on the 4" plate/100 yards or 6" plate/150 yards, standing from the sticks. Each miss resets the entire 25 rounds count. No excuse, the plate either rings :giggle: ... or it does not :cry:

This will change your hunting shots life...

After all, the skills required to shoot standing from the sticks consistently, reliably and predictably 1"/25 yards, 2"/50 yards, 4"/100 yards, 6"/150 yards, etc. are the same as the ones required to make a 10" vital-area double-lung hit on a medium size deer/antelope/mountain-game/plains-game at 250 yards...

6 inch plate at 150 yd.JPG

Winchesters 52 & Zeiss Terra + tripod sticks + 6" steel plate + 5,000 rounds case of Remington Thunderbolts + 150 yards shooting lane with natural backstop on National Forest + 100-round practice session once a week for 3 months = long string of one-shot-kills PG out to 300 yards on your next safari...

Win 52 & Thunderbolt @ 100 yd.jpg

Winchesters 52 & Zeiss Terra 100 yards 20 rounds "group" standing from the sticks with $40/500 rounds Remington Thunderbolts. Despicable group from cheap bulk ammo, but it stays in the 4" target and is good enough for endless virtually free practice...

Anschutz 1418 & Thunderbolt @ 100 yd.jpg

Anschutz 1418 & Zeiss Terra 100 yards 20 rounds "group" standing from the sticks with $40/500 rounds Remington Thunderbolts. Despicable group from cheap bulk ammo, but it stays in the 4" target and is good enough for endless virtually free practice...

Walther KKJ & Thunderbolt @ 100 yd.jpg

Walther KKJ & Zeiss Terra 100 yards 20 rounds "group" standing from the sticks with $40/500 rounds Remington Thunderbolts. Despicable group from cheap bulk ammo, but it stays in the 4" target and is good enough for endless virtually free practice...

Final hint! I doubt very much Blaser developed their $1,500 .22 LR kit so that Dads could gift a $3,000 .22 LR to their kids for their 14th birthday. Blaser clearly got it right, providing a perfect training tool to the R8 aficionados. And when hitting the 6" plate at 150 yards becomes too easy, a .223 Rem barrel will extend the range to 300 yards. And yes, one can shoot a 6" plate standing from the sticks at 300 yards, it will just make you modest about your true shooting capabilities standing from the sticks in the beginning, then will become fairly routine --- but never guaranteed ;) --- after a few thousands rounds...

Bog Adrenaline & Blaser R8.jpg

Last edited:
Another endorsement for these rifles. I've shot both the 541S and 541T variants. Great accuracy, and as previously mentioned a good way to get practice on a full size rifle without risk of flinch nor breaking the bank. Will be a good buy for someone looking.

w
Could you educate me on what makes these so valuable? I was really surprised when I researched them after your post.
I hope that was a enough education ?
The rifle is still available, I may have a little room on the price so feel free to make a offer.

Let’s not forget Kimber Superamerica - which I sold for $2k. An amazing sub 1” gun with any reasonable ammo. Nor the old Remington 51X which are almost free and still tack drivers. Both sold to add the .22 and .223 barrels to my Blaser addiction for reasons earlier stated. But a dedicated .22 of type offered are enormous fun and lethal in the field, as well as cheap to feed. Precision .22 competition has become a big thing

Still available.

Sir, is the rifle still available?

Regards,

Edward
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This member @Probono has been banned for questionable practices and I'm not willing to allow this person to continue to sell on AH.

See my announcement at the following link:

...Nor the old Remington 51X which are almost free and still tack drivers. Precision .22 competition has become a big thing...
I use a Remington 513T target rifle that I have had since I was a kid. The use of a small gong is good practice, and so are a bunch of clay pigeons scattered around and shot 'walk up' from field position and the sticks. (y)

Can’t his posts be deleted?
Posts from scammers in the Classifieds will not be deleted as it teaches other members to be aware of such activity on the internet. Also once banned the scam operator looses all privileges on the site including the private message system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheesehead

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.