For Sale Heym 88B .470 NE High Grade With Ammunition

Oh thank goodness... I kept opening and closing my checkbook and pricing things I could sell...
Congrats on the sale and to the new owner.

Drats!!, I was just considering a loan on the margin account to float the purchase of the rifle. Oh well, saves me a trip to Idaho and an explanation to my wife.

You wouldn't happen to have a double in 500 N.E for sale?

Whom ever buys this gun, I am including Express Air shipping in a hard case to your dealer, and ammo will come to your home via fed ex
Would the Air shipping include outside the USA??? Dang it!!! Just saw the SPF

I do have a .500 NE identical but I would need to get quite a bit more. I will let you a price. Give me a couple days.

Has anyone had any trouble with a Heym? Not an arbitrary question, I am thinking of a 450/400 double in the future and fancy faultless German engineering. So is it faultless? The Heym 89B looks very nice.

Has anyone had any trouble with a Heym? Not an arbitrary question, I am thinking of a 450/400 double in the future and fancy faultless German engineering. So is it faultless? The Heym 89B looks very nice.

While the saying goes that there are always failures, I've not heard of any Heym failures at all. I've heard of H&H and Purdey failures, but not Heym. (they probably have the same <1% failure rates)

The 89B is an awesome gun. Pricey, but awesome. Since you're asking for a 450-400 and they are high demand and rare as hens teeth used, its probably a darned fine idea having Heym build you a new one as "the math makes sense".

On the used front, Heym 88s can be found in that caliber on occasion. You'll pay about a $4000 premium for a 450-400 over the other large bores because of recent increased demand. (less elephant and rhino hunting, the same amount of buffalo hunting, therefore 450-400 is the "go-to gun" right now)

I like my heym a great deal, its quite well made and quite attractive. I don't think you'd be disappointed as a working tool or as a piece of functional art. I cannot say the same for most of the other still-made new doubles.

Thanks Rookhawk. I know you have posted a picture of your Heym but I cant find it, please can you post again?

Here ya go.
88D5C612-A56B-4EFE-B605-F483C26C154F.jpeg
E5697429-F201-4C6C-9F0F-58FE189323A1.jpeg
31D29476-8192-4977-B932-0BDDB8439779.jpeg
8CD1C174-0266-4BBF-9758-4365616EF4FD.jpeg

Truly beautiful. What would something like that retail for new?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glassesandwindows

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.