Jager Waffen74

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, NRA, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Tanzania, Nimibia, S. Africa, New Zealand, Mexico, Yukon, Northwest Territories
I am selling this for a buddy of mine, gun is beautiful, and is not a salt gun. Made 1967 it has 26' inch barrels choked mod and imp. Gun has been gently used but still in excellent condition. Bluing is 95% or better, wood is 90% with minor handling marks. Just a great gun for the money. $1300.00 shipped to your dealer CONUS!

20200715_212643.jpg
20200715_212444.jpg
20200715_212551.jpg
20200715_212540.jpg
20200715_212715.jpg
20200715_212619.jpg
20200715_212524.jpg
Resized_20200715_130405.jpg
Resized_20200715_130410.jpg
20200715_212505.jpg
Resized_20200715_130346.jpg
20200715_212657.jpg
Resized_20200715_130307.jpg
Resized_20200715_130315.jpg
20200715_212738.jpg
Resized_20200715_122428.jpg
Resized_20200715_130339.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, beautiful!

Excellent price on a fine upland gun!

Please excuse my ignorance, but out of curiosity, since the date of manufacture is in the middle of the “salt gun” dates, how can you be sure it’s not one?

Don't mean to interrupt but, there are no signs of rust that would have resulted from the salt, at least in what shows. the metal to wood contacts all appear to be clean so I would be real surprised if there was rust hiding under the wood; and that gun was made in Belgium.

Best way I've heard to check for salt wood is to remove the screws holding the recoil pad. If it's a salt wood gun they will show signs of rust.

Beautiful Browning! I shoot a 59 Superposed quite often. It belonged to my wife’s Grandfather, cracking that thing open makes me smile every time!!

I’ve owned quite a few from the salt wood years. If it’s not showing rust around wood-to-metal contact areas by now, it is definitely not problematic salt wood.

The way they dried them was in stacks. I’ve seen saltwood that was not problematic that must have been at the top of the pile. These guns were technically saltwood but with only light freckling rather than pitting. The average field use gun would experience more damage on a misty day.

A pic with the forearm removed should prove this one to be as nice as it looks and at a very good price.

A pic with the forearm removed .

I've had a few superposed and I've never learned how to remove the forearm. The lever is opened and insert slid forward which allows the forearm to slide forward so when the action is opened the barrels are removed from the action, but I'd like to know if there is a simple (without removing the crossbolt) method of removing the forearm.

I've had a few superposed and I've never learned how to remove the forearm. The lever is opened and insert slid forward which allows the forearm to slide forward so when the action is opened the barrels are removed from the action, but I'd like to know if there is a simple (without removing the crossbolt) method of removing the forearm.

Exactly. That’s why the screw needs to be removed.

Art’s videos are a good resource for Belgian Brownings. His hands move so fast you might miss what he is doing but this video shows how to remove the forend.

Beautiful Browning! I shoot a 59 Superposed quite often. It belonged to my wife’s Grandfather, cracking that thing open makes me smile every time!!

Yup I have a 1974 a1 105 special skeet...as you say opening and closing them is special ...my berettas don't compare .... seen what's written here about saltwood...but please can someone explain fully about it as never heard about it..

Salt wood was a process to fast cure walnut. Originally developed for the furniture industry by Morton Salt. Browning purchased the process and used it for a few years but found that the wood in contact with steel rusted. I believe there were a few years where 90 percent of the guns produced used this wood.

Salt wood was a process to fast cure walnut. Originally developed for the furniture industry by Morton Salt. Browning purchased the process and used it for a few years but found that the wood in contact with steel rusted. I believe there were a few years where 90 percent of the guns produced used this wood.

Ok thanks...any idea the years it was used?

Yup I have a 1974 a1 105 special skeet...as you say opening and closing them is special ...my berettas don't compare .... seen what's written here about saltwood...but please can someone explain fully about it as never heard about it..

Apparently the the stacks of wood would brine as moisture crept downward. The wood at the bottom of the stack would be incredibly salty while those at the top were less so.

The T Bolts, Olympians and Medalions were almost all salty enough to destroy the guns. No shortage of salted Superposed either. Fortunately it has been so long now that if it doesn’t show obvious salt damage it is incredibly unlikely it ever will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross