Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Been handloading the Jeffery and just don't need 12 factory loaded boxes so willing to sell 4 boxes if there is any interest.
It's all Hornady 400gr DGX. Groups same as
A-Frames in my rifle so good range ammo.
Would prefer to sell all to 1 buyer if possible.
$100 a box and I'll split shipping with ya.
Won't sell/ship to California...wont happen.
If interested shoot me a PM.

0117210953.jpg
0117210953a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to sell any more, let me know as I'll take it.

I know that the ammunition is sold but does anyone know if that was the bonded DGX or non-bonded?

I have a opportunity to buy 2 boxes, but it does not state Bonded?

I know that the ammunition is sold but does anyone know if that was the bonded DGX or non-bonded?

I have a opportunity to buy 2 boxes, but it does not state Bonded?
This was non-Bonded. The Bonded actually says "DGX Bonded" on the box.

Last edited:
Thank you, I am getting desperate for .404J ammunition. I can get two boxes of non bonded for $100.00 each, Bonded I can get 3 boxes $300.00 each. Since these are used on things that will hook, scratch or bite. The non bonded are non starters and cannot afford to take a chance on getting them mixed in with Bonded.

Thank you, I am getting desperate for .404J ammunition. I can get two boxes of non bonded for $100.00 each, Bonded I can get 3 boxes $300.00 each. Since these are used on things that will hook, scratch or bite. The non bonded are non starters and cannot afford to take a chance on getting them mixed in with Bonded.
They do have a slightly different look. I think shiny nickle primers vs. brass or something.

I'd be happy to use the non-bonded on cats, especially leopard. In fact if they want to explode and send shrapnel into the vitals, all the better. For buffalo or other big tough critters I'd want the bonded or a solid.

And especially if getting desperate, why not just take it all and mark the non-bonded with a sharpie or something.

Won't sell/ship to California...wont happen.
Ok, here I'll probably get laughed at for being a dumb Canadian....In fact I almost sent you a private message asking so everyone wouldn't know how dumb I am! LOL
Soooo....... Why not to California?
Or should I guess??

They do have a slightly different look. I think shiny nickle primers vs. brass or something.

I'd be happy to use the non-bonded on cats, especially leopard. In fact if they want to explode and send shrapnel into the vitals, all the better. For buffalo or other big tough critters I'd want the bonded or a solid.

And especially if getting desperate, why not just take it all and mark the non-bonded with a sharpie or something.
Bob with certain reservations I would agree with you at least for leopard, but we cannot afford to make a mistake. Since not only does my wife and I use .404s occasionally visiting hunters also use one of our rifles and it is just too easy to get ammunition mixed up. Most of our visiting hunters want to shoot a few rounds before they start a hunt. I may dedicate some of the non-bonded with strict inventory control to the "gong"!

If you decide to sell any more, let me know as I'll take it.
Hello Bob, I will take a look and see where i'm currently sitting on 404 ammo.
Has been a year now since i posted this so need to check/verify.

Ok, here I'll probably get laughed at for being a dumb Canadian....In fact I almost sent you a private message asking so everyone wouldn't know how dumb I am! LOL
Soooo....... Why not to California?
Or should I guess??

Not from there but the wife is. They have some crazy laws when it comes to guns and ammo. And they take them pretty seriously.

I do have 2 boxes of 450 grain Woodleigh Weldcore FMJ, $200 for both includes shipping. Target is 50 yards.View attachment 447853

View attachment 447852
I have some of that in both fmj and softs. But with it being a heavier bullet, chose to not hunt with it in Tanzania where there was a wide variety of game. Those might be a great option for elephant.

Nomspec, consider them sold. I'll send you a PM immediately.

Sold pending funds.

Not from there but the wife is. They have some crazy laws when it comes to guns and ammo. And they take them pretty seriously.
Actually, it is pretty simple. Ammo needs to be shipped to an FFL, just like a firearm, that's it. There is no extra effort or paperwork from the shipper's side. I have bought .500 NE and .450 NE ammo from members here and had it shipped to my FFL down the street.

People are just misinformed or ignorant most of the time so they think it is a huge deal to ship to CA. In regards to firearms unless it is a handgun or an AR same Federal laws apply, just shipping to an FFL.

Last edited:
Actually, it is pretty simple. Ammo needs to be shipped to an FFL, just like a firearm, that's it. There is no extra effort or paperwork from the shipper's side. I have bought .500 NE and .450 NE ammo from members here and had it shipped to my FFL down the street.

People are just misinformed or ignorant most of the time so they think it is a huge deal to ship to CA. In regards to firearms unless it is a handgun or an AR same Federal laws apply, just shipping to an FFL.
Not misinformed or ignorant of the process as i have done it before for both ammo and firearms.

Not misinformed or ignorant of the process as i have done it before for both ammo and firearms.
Oh, then why not ship to CA? One address (FFL's) is just as good as the other (buyer's). No extra effort on your part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg