Flying Atlanta to Cape Town

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Still working on getting flights for July that aren’t going to break the bank.

Has anyone flown into Cape Town. Is the procedure that same as JBurg? Is there a guest house to stay at like Africa Sky or Afton House. As we would have to fly back out to Port Elizabeth.

WE HAVE HAD OUR JUNE FLIGHTS BOOKED FOR 7-8 MONTHS. RIFLEPERMITS.COM IS GOING TO HELP US THRU CUSTOMS, THEY MIGHT HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR OVERNIGHTS.

I saw something from SCI that to go through Cape Town you MUST have pre approved gun permits. Rifle Permits or Air2000 should be able to help you out.

There has to be a million and one guest houses and hotels in capetown
Hunters havent been flying in there directly for long so no known hunter dedicated places like afton etc yet
Just look on booking.com

PE is a neat town... neat area, too. I think you'll like it.

We are looking at doing this for our trip in 2025, curious to hear more on the rifle process as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MajorBirds

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.