AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, USA (Northeast, midwest, Rockies, Alaska), Canada and Hungary
Oh happy day. I've been wanting a double for basically my whole life.

I've always prioritized safaris over the rifle but finally got to a point where I could afford to take the plunge.

I bought this Verney Carron 500NE today.

I also got a chance to take it on the range and shot about 20 rounds at life sized targets of Rhino, Buff and Elephant. What fun!

IMG_7080.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, beautiful rifle @brettp. Congrats!

Gorgeous! Jealous.

I hear you on the priority of safari over rifle. I was leaning towards the rifle first but realized I'd rather have the expierences over the rifle

Maybe someday!

Gorgeous! Jealous.

I hear you on the priority of safari over rifle. I was leaning towards the rifle first but realized I'd rather have the expierences over the rifle

Maybe someday!

I don't doubt for a second that I made the right choice. Prioritize the hunting. Only go nuts on a rifle when you can swing both.

You are indeed a lucky man sir! All of use who drool over doubles are happy for you.
How well did it regulate at the range?

Nice Rifle, Hope you have many good shots with it

nice rifle congrats on joining the double rifle club . but as stug said what is the thing behind the trigger guard? looks like it will give your middle finger some pain on recoil.......

It's actually a pad that protects your finger in recoil.

You are indeed a lucky man sir! All of use who drool over doubles are happy for you.
How well did it regulate at the range?

Very well. With Barnes Ammo, it put two touching and the other 2 within a few inches off hand at 50 yards.

a fine rifle, congratulations!

-matt

ok must admit i have never seen that before on a double.....doesnt it feel strange, as if its in the way when you grip the stock?

Didn't even really feel it.

Congrats in a very nice double. Now you gotta get it out and break it in. I think another jumbo would be fitting. I think we know a guy that can make that happen,Karl I know is up to the challenge was using a double on your last hunt the tipping point to finally get one?

Beautiful rifle, congratulations to you Brettp, you are going to enjoy this beautiful rifle...(y)(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg