Finally, my Heym 89b, 577 NE

Nice I guess. But why? Did it come with a gun bearer, or you actually planning to carry 13+ lb's of rifle for seven or eight hours trying to walk down an elephant?
 
Nice I guess. But why? Did it come with a gun bearer, or you actually planning to carry 13+ lb's of rifle for seven or eight hours trying to walk down an elephant?
Before I hit the post button, I asked myself, how will I respond to the inevitable “crew-served” weapon comment by Red Leg. My response is that I don’t know why, other than it makes me smile. That being said, I’ve decided the companion rifle to this one will be a Red-Leg approved bolt action Heym Express, in .375 H&H.
 
OP,

here is an article you may enjoy, if you’ve not already ready it.

I have, but thank you for posting a link…always a good read. This one, and Ross Seyfried’s “King of Rifles” article are among my favorites.
 
I have, but thank you for posting a link…always a good read. This one, and Ross Seyfried’s “King of Rifles” article are among my favorites.
Ross Seyfried is a personal hero of mine. Good luck with it.
 
Last edited:
That rifle is stunning. It has the look of my dream DR.


It’s strange how on mountain hunts we carry far more weight in far tougher terrain than on a tracking hunt in Africa. I suppose it’s just what we have in our minds as how a certain hunts should be equipped or conducted.
 
Congrats ...
Life is too short to own an ugly rifle
Pick it up everyday .... throw it to your shoulder a couple dozen times everyday Hell WDM Bell did calisthenics with his rifle
Discover reduced loads using Trailboss, 5744 or H4895
Surprised the "All you need is a 375" boys have not commented yet
Congrats ...
 
Nothing wrong with shooting Buffalo with a 577. Congrats, that’s a nice rifle. What did they regulate it with, that would be a good starting point for loads. You should try the cordite formula and get some imr 3031.
 
I am partnering on a .585 Nyati build now.

so I’m also a fan of too much horsepower. :cool:
 
Congrats ...
Life is too short to own an ugly rifle
Pick it up everyday .... throw it to your shoulder a couple dozen times everyday Hell WDM Bell did calisthenics with his rifle
Discover reduced loads using Trailboss, 5744 or H4895
Surprised the "All you need is a 375" boys have not commented yet
Congrats ...
Well maybe all the 375 guys have realized that saying that is the equivalent to saying all you need is that portly somewhat homely looking gal sitting in the corner.
 
Congrats on the new addition!
 
Absolutely beautiful rifle. I dream of one like it in 470 or 500.

But if you can handle it, the 577 has no peers.

There is no better stopping rifle.
 
Beautiful, congratulations.
 
Before I hit the post button, I asked myself, how will I respond to the inevitable “crew-served” weapon comment by Red Leg. My response is that I don’t know why, other than it makes me smile. That being said, I’ve decided the companion rifle to this one will be a Red-Leg approved bolt action Heym Express, in .375 H&H.

Errrr no ....404 not 375..... ;) :A Stirring::E Big Grin:
 
Congratulations on a beautiful rifle!
I am about 12-18 months behind you on the delivery of my Heym 577. I look forward to your future posts on the load workup and results.
Happy hunting with that beast!

HH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,314
Messages
1,572,612
Members
169,593
Latest member
PFCAbigail
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top