Finally bought a .375!!!

Travis, I use to have a 3-9 variable scope fitted to my 375 and it worked well for plainsgame out to further than I could shoot. PH rifles being what they are, a tool, the scope took a beating one year and became totally un useable. I had a pretty old Bushnell lying around (18 years old) it was a fixed 4x and all I can say is it accounted for several hundred head of game in the time it was mounted on the 375. I even used it for culling Kudu ( Headshots out to 150 meters) and on some close Bushpigs (15-18 meters). That old scope became a favorite of mine and when I sold my 375 I did not part with the scope, it has accounted for several 100 more African plainsgame. If you are going for Buff smaller magnification would be better. Best of luck and happy hunting with that classic caliber!

Old Zeiss 4 x 32.
Cheers Witold.

I have two older Zeiss 4x scopes with the rubber coating over the forward bell and one newer "Conquest" model 4x as well but sadly, Zeiss no longer makes either one of those scopes today.

On my first trip to Africa, I used one with the coated front bell, on a .300 H&H Mauser / 180 grain Nosler partitions and I hunted in Southern Namibia.

That scope and caliber worked out so well that I would not hesitate to recommend them to other hunters going to Namibia for plains game (or the Eastern Cape of South Africa as well).

Likewise, I have one of these on my Brno .375 H&H and it is perfect for me.

nive choice in first "big bore" rifles!

im late in the game here but ill agree with the others who said 2-7x33. i would probably go with the standard non-illuminated model since the illuminated model runs a bit heavy. i seriously doubt you will ever need more then 7x and there is always a chance of a close up shot so the 2x is nice.

check out the big bore addiction group thread if you havent already.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg