Finally bought a .375!!!

Travis, I use to have a 3-9 variable scope fitted to my 375 and it worked well for plainsgame out to further than I could shoot. PH rifles being what they are, a tool, the scope took a beating one year and became totally un useable. I had a pretty old Bushnell lying around (18 years old) it was a fixed 4x and all I can say is it accounted for several hundred head of game in the time it was mounted on the 375. I even used it for culling Kudu ( Headshots out to 150 meters) and on some close Bushpigs (15-18 meters). That old scope became a favorite of mine and when I sold my 375 I did not part with the scope, it has accounted for several 100 more African plainsgame. If you are going for Buff smaller magnification would be better. Best of luck and happy hunting with that classic caliber!
 
Old Zeiss 4 x 32.
Cheers Witold.

I have two older Zeiss 4x scopes with the rubber coating over the forward bell and one newer "Conquest" model 4x as well but sadly, Zeiss no longer makes either one of those scopes today.

On my first trip to Africa, I used one with the coated front bell, on a .300 H&H Mauser / 180 grain Nosler partitions and I hunted in Southern Namibia.

That scope and caliber worked out so well that I would not hesitate to recommend them to other hunters going to Namibia for plains game (or the Eastern Cape of South Africa as well).

Likewise, I have one of these on my Brno .375 H&H and it is perfect for me.
 
nive choice in first "big bore" rifles!

im late in the game here but ill agree with the others who said 2-7x33. i would probably go with the standard non-illuminated model since the illuminated model runs a bit heavy. i seriously doubt you will ever need more then 7x and there is always a chance of a close up shot so the 2x is nice.

check out the big bore addiction group thread if you havent already.

-matt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,357
Members
169,531
Latest member
BeckyFitzs
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top