Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI ; Rowland Ward
Hunted
United States ; South Africa
Good afternoon!! Wanted to see if y’all could point me in the right direction. I am looking to get my hunt filmed in South Africa. I will be hunting Lion, Buffalo, and Plainsgame with my son. As I will not be able to take my lion trophy home most likely I wanted to capture the hunt. Does anyone have recommendations?

I’d suggest asking your outfitter for a recommendation. Filming hunts has become a popular option and there are many qualified photographers. I assume SA has more of them than most countries. I think filming a hunt would really add a lot to the experience and keep the memories alive. Good luck!

I highly recommend Morgan Harris and his team. African Safari Films. They did my safari in 2021. Cameraman was Marcel Botha. Great work on filming and editing.
Check out there YouTube films.

Thank you both the feedback. Mark I’m going to look at Morgan Harris and African Safari Films.

Please, keep the recommendations coming.

Check with Andy Buchanan maybe also.
African Jack is one I see in YouTube. Also African Sun is on YouTube with good stuff.
If you want, I’ll come do it for you :Dead:

Check with Andy Buchanan maybe also.
African Jack is one I see in YouTube. Also African Sun is on YouTube with good stuff.
If you want, I’ll come do it for you :Dead:

Joe you always can come with me!!! One day we will hunt the Dark Continent together!!

Hi @dtarin09

I highly recommend that you contact Melcom Van Staden of Melcom Van Staden Productions. In addition to being a personal friend for many years, Melcom is one of the most talented and innovative videographers I have had the pleasure to work with. If you do contact Melcom, be sure to mention that Dan with Limcroma recommended him to you! You can check out the volume of his work on his website and YouTube channel.
Here is s short Dangerous Game Promo clip that Melcom did for us a few years back..

Check out Hannes Pienaar Productions. They will film my upcoming hunt in at De Klerk Safari's. Good communications and fair rates.

Chris Esterhuizen of Jongosi Media Productions hands down the best. He films for my friend Steve Scott of “The Safari Hunter’s Journal” and for Razor Dobbs’ “Alive”.
Chris is a stellar guy and the perfect addition to camp and on safari!
IMG_4787.JPG

Good afternoon!! Wanted to see if y’all could point me in the right direction. I am looking to get my hunt filmed in South Africa. I will be hunting Lion, Buffalo, and Plainsgame with my son. As I will not be able to take my lion trophy home most likely I wanted to capture the hunt. Does anyone have recommendations?
Ask outfitter

ask outfitter

Phillip, this PH runs a very small, family operation only doing 2-3 hunts per year as he has other revenue streams. He might know of 2-3 “local” guys that dabble in this type stuff. He’s probably out of the loop as far as bigger videoing operations.

derek, I’d be the camera man and you paying me. I wouldn’t be hunting well unless a 60” kudu walked out then you better be faster than me on the gun

Phillip, this PH runs a very small, family operation only doing 2-3 hunts per year as he has other revenue streams. He might know of 2-3 “local” guys that dabble in this type stuff. He’s probably out of the loop as far as bigger videoing operations.

derek, I’d be the camera man and you paying me. I wouldn’t be hunting well unless a 60” kudu walked out then you better be faster than me on the gun

I’ll let you have that 60” inch kudu as I already have mine Come on Joe be my camera man:) I’m sure you would pull the trigger as well more than a couple times!!

Thank y’all for all your recommendations. I decided to use iGala Productions to film our hunt. Excited to utilize Puren and his staff. Looking forward to sharing more with y’all on this experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross