Fill this Rifle Gap

You don’t want a time machine to go back and prevent the 243 from ever being invented?
But then he wouldn’t know he hates it and likely will have presented the world with the Big Bob 242 Hell Fire… or some version there of.
:A Outta:
 
But then he wouldn’t know he hates it and likely will have presented the world with the Big Bob 242 Hell Fire… or some version there of.
:A Outta:
.243 AI...... Australian Improved. LOL
 
+1 for the 9.3x62 because you can pretty much shoot everything with one of those.

You are definitely missing small and fast. I agree with many above about something in the .25 cal.

But: what about a .22-250? Or a .222 rem?

And once you get close to those small and fast calibers, then you really need a .17 hmr!
 
I could, but my 9.3 is just fun to shoot and smooth so it gets more rounds than a lot of them.
I like it. :E Shrug:
@Randy F
You have to forgive @CoElkHunter he has delusional thoughts that make him think the 338wm is a real hunting round. He refuses to see more. I have been trying to tell him for 4 years that he need a Whelen or 9.3 but it falls on deef ears. He does have one redeeming quality. He now owns a nice 25.
Bob
 
@Randy F
You have to forgive @CoElkHunter he has delusional thoughts that make him think the 338wm is a real hunting round. He refuses to see more. I have been trying to tell him for 4 years that he need a Whelen or 9.3 but it falls on deef ears. He does have one redeeming quality. He now owns a nice 25.
Bob
9,3? Types of people who use paper straws.
 
And Coke for the Bundy ? My idea of heaven .
#PCC600
That's sacrilege. I used to have that but now mix my Bundy with Lipton's iced lemon tea. Bloody beautiful and no more hangovers. Don't knock it until you try it.
When I met @CBH Australia Chris he tried it ( at 9 am in the morning) and thought it was nice. Chris did try and tell me he didn't drink at that hour of the morning but me thinks he was pulling my leg.
Coke is only good for cleaning copper and getting bugs off windscreens. Cleans battery terminals real well to. So if'n it does that U ain't drinking it
Bob
 
#PCC600
That's sacrilege. I used to have that but now mix my Bundy with Lipton's iced lemon tea. Bloody beautiful and no more hangovers. Don't knock it until you try it.
When I met @CBH Australia Chris he tried it ( at 9 am in the morning) and thought it was nice. Chris did try and tell me he didn't drink at that hour of the morning but me thinks he was pulling my leg.
Coke is only good for cleaning copper and getting bugs off windscreens. Cleans battery terminals real well to. So if'n it does that U ain't drinking it
Bob
Oh no no no . As a good Queenslander I am addicted to Bundy Rum and Coke ( out of a bottle ) with ice and lime in a tall glass in summer. In winter it is Bundy and milk for Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner . Been keeping up this routine for 55 years with no apparent detriment to my health (?!!!)
 
Oh no no no . As a good Queenslander I am addicted to Bundy Rum and Coke ( out of a bottle ) with ice and lime in a tall glass in summer. In winter it is Bundy and milk for Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner . Been keeping up this routine for 55 years with no apparent detriment to my health (?!!!)
Rum and milk? Yuck! Couldn’t you just pour the milk into a glass, dump it out, refill the glass with Bundy and then drink it? LOL
 
Rum and milk? Yuck! Couldn’t you just pour the milk into a glass, dump it out, refill the glass with Bundy and then drink it? LOL
You are correct in your assumption that not much milk is used . Rum and milk was the staple of every cattle mustering camp in southern Qld and northern NSW in winter . Have a hit , jump on the horse and go .
 
You are correct in your assumption that not much milk is used . Rum and milk was the staple of every cattle mustering camp in southern Qld and northern NSW in winter . Have a hit , jump on the horse and go .
Rum was also the drink of choice here in the U.S. in the Colonial days. Cane sugar was imported from Cuba until the British got pissed off at the Colonists and cut off the imports. George Washington and the boys’ then took to the hills and started making corn whiskey in their stills.
 
I always wanted one of these…
IMG_3023.jpeg


But getting hand loading components (let alone factory loaded ammunition) for the .318 Westley Richards can pose quite a challenge.

More feasible options include:
.338 Winchester Magnum
9.3x62mm Mauser
.404 Jeffery
 
Last edited:
I always wanted one of these…
View attachment 588404

But getting hand loading components (let alone factory loaded ammunition) for the .318 Westley Richards can pose quite a challenge.

More feasible options include:
.338 Winchester Magnum
9.3x62mm Mauser
.404 Jeffery
Isn’t the challenge half the fun?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,567
Members
169,586
Latest member
MichaelaTo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top