Favourite quotes - Here's mine, Quite a long list. What's yours?

You can lead a horse to drink, but you can't make him water.
is it not: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" ?

(approximate translation) "Laws are like sausages, one is better off not seing how they are made"
- Otto von Bismarck

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake"
- W.C. Fields

"A man can't just sit around"
- Larry Walters

You can not learn that which you think you already know. (Epictetus)

You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can not control. (Marcus Aurelius)

The measure of one's life is not taken of the things acquired but of the experiences one has had and those with whom they are shared with. (????)

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln once said, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."
-Joe Biden

I shared 4 quotes yesterday that are near and dear to me. I'm going to take a second bite at the apple. This is a quote I have thought about a lot over the past year. In light of the passing of Toby Keith, I was thinking about it again today. I think about it as it applies to more than just things like planning trips to Africa, though for those of us who plan trips to hunt, it very, very much applies, IMHO.

"One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now." - Paulo Coelho

"If he goes to college one more year he will be completely mentally retarded"

circa 1982, from my Dad about my brother in his junior year at University, luckily my brother survived

"you smell like beer" Maureen O'hara "Because I've been drinking beer" John Wayne McClintock
"More Whiskey McClin" chief in McClintock

"Nothin good ever happens after midnight"
Dad, to me and my brothers when we were teenagers

My father to me, numerous times. "Your memory isn't any longer than your pecker".

Abraham Lincoln once said, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."
-Joe Biden
“The last time I spoke with Abraham Lincoln he told me not to believe everything on the Internet”
Joe Biden..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tooter57

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!