Experiences with Matrix Gunsmithing

Update #2

After making this post and filling out a "rate your experience" email I received from Matrix, the business manager Greg reached out to me directly. He apologized for the lack of communication and accepted that he had dropped the ball. He has a lot on his plate and is currently working remotely from outside the country. I really appreciated the candidness.

After our conversation and some back and forth, I will be shipping off the CZ 550 for an upgrade #2 soon. I will keep you all posted on how it goes and will share pictures of the upgraded rifle once it's returned.

Captain Munro could you tell me what kind of services they offer for rsm’s.
I have not heard back from Matrix about my proposed upgraded, but I was inquiring about a second recoil lug, bedding the stock, pillar bedding, new recoil pad, new front sight, smoothing up the bolt and maybe a recoil reducer in the stock to balance it out. I got the idea from this post:
*Scope Added To Package!* Beautiful Custom AHR Ruger RSM .458 Lott For Sale | AfricaHunting.com

I received my rifle back on Friday from Matrix. Everything looks great so far. Packaging was adequate to protect in transit. Replaced parts were returned with the rifle, which is different and new from AHR work I'd done (not sure of any true value in this, just an observation). Fit and finish appears good with clean bedding lines and even ceramic coating of all parts.

I'm heading to the range with it this afternoon to confirm zero after re-installing a red dot (Kahles Helia RD) with CEB Raptors and Solids.

All in all, I'm satisfied with Matrix's work. I do think they have some business mechanics to sort through, but them being busy is a good sign. Now to find a few more CZ 550's......

A few photos I took this week. Not the best quality of photography, but.....

458 Lott at its inaugural range trip.
NPvcVeol.jpg

First group. 500gr CEB solids off sticks (Gunstix) at 50yds.
vQS1qcxl.jpg

The matching set: 300 Win Mag, 375 H&H, 458 Lott.
NPvcVeol.jpg

Attachments

• krJHWVkl.jpg
    krJHWVkl.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross