AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, South Africa
So we moved South from the panhandle 3 years ago. I have finally got enough other projects done I was able to devote some time and unpacked a box of European mounts. Instead of taking the time to build a bunch of plaques I put this together on one room in the garage. Some of these deer were from the three years we have been here. No that this is done I hope to Finnish out my gun room

261E54C6-3C21-46E6-B290-810790F9977A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very nice deer there! I really like the Kerrville area! Hope you enjoy living there!

That buck on the right is way cool! A very nice bone collection (y)

He does have some character. Never did score him but he is a main frame 8pt with a total of 15 scoreable points. I will grab some close ups of his bases in the morning

Looks good to me!

Great stuff, would really love a whitetail someday

I like it. Been thinking of doing something like that in my basement. Nice bucks too!

How do you have the skulls attached to the board?

I predrilled holes at approx 45 degree angles into the cedar 2x4 then screwed 5/16” lag screws into the hole. Then the skull just slips on through the natural hole in the back for the spinal column.

Neat thing about this setup is you can mix and match because they are not permanently attached. I can move them around or switch them out with other heads as I see fit.

I can grab some pics of if the explanation does not make sense

Nice mounts. I love Euro mounts as they’re an affordable alternative to full fledged taxidermy, and you can do it yourself fairly easily. Bucks that I kill from here on out that don’t reach my mark to get a shoulder mount are getting the Euro treatment.

Ragman hope these pictures make sense on how they are “attached”

In regards the top picture the skull is not all the way down I did this to show where it goes in the back of the skull will rest on the board when fully seated

66FC5509-0E2A-482D-9BE2-E7195EA20371.jpeg
E9BC3884-58D4-4476-9B00-06FF62916F09.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool idea, that right side buck would have damn sure made it to my taxidermist though, a buck like that is once in a lifetime!

Cool idea, that right side buck would have damn sure made it to my taxidermist though, a buck like that is once in a lifetime!

Something that ugly just screams shoulder mount!

Perfect! Thanks!

Very nice! I agree that buck on the right I would have been hard pressed to not shoulder mount him

Very smart solution, I euro-mount all my trophies, as that´s the only way I can fit them in my house.

Yep that last is a knarlly old guy! Super nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.