AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
(Dec. 12, 2017- DALLAS) -- At a whopping 108x212 feet, a huge new outdoor board has gone up at Pacific and Griffin, in advance of the DSC Convention and Sporting Expo next month on Jan. 4-7. To some the message might seem counterintuitive. Across the face of a massive lion run the words: IN THE FIGHT TO SAVE HIS SPECIES, HIS BEST ALLIES ARE HUNTERS. The hashtag is #WeHuntForLife.

DSC and DSC Foundation created the We Hunt for Life campaign with the intent to change the conversation, promoting scientific truth rather than fear and misinformation. This bold message is another piece of the campaign to educate the public about the benefits of big game hunting and its links to wildlife conservation.

The core message of the We Hunt for Life campaign is to ensure that people understand that sustainable use hunting is a scientifically proven benefit to wildlife and habitat conservation. As human pressures increase over time, it becomes more essential to balance habitat and wildlife populations - one of the best tools in the hands of government agencies and conservation groups is in fact hunting.

So, this message is true for lions as well as elephants, leopards and many other species: hunters are these species' best allies.

The DSC Foundation website contains links to articles, videos, and presentations from a wide variety of people. There is ample scientific data and research, which is supported by highly regarded members of the international conservation community − some of whom do not personally hunt. These people include conservationists, non-hunting journalists, documentary directors who are anti-hunters, a TED presenter, and a Zimbabwean who grew up in the African bush and is now a medical doctor in the U.S. All of these people acknowledge the critically important role of well-regulated hunting and provide valuable information about how sustainable use hunting benefits wildlife conservation.

IMG_1835.jpeg

PHOTO of LION OUTDOOR BOARD: 1201 Pacific Avenue in Downtown Dallas.
#wehuntforlife

Source: Dalas Safari Club (DSC)

17-DSC-016-OutdoorBoard.jpg

Let’s hope we can reach a small portion of the non hunting public.

WOW VERY IMPRESSIVE,

Awesome!!!

That is a perfect example of why I have always preferred DSC over SCI....Go Texas!

That is a perfect example of why I have always preferred DSC over SCI....Go Texas!

+1

DSC Life Member here...

SCI... not so much..

Great idea, hopefully it will make a few folks think. Who knows it might even change a few minds.

The campaign is all over the DART buses (public transportation)..... so basically everywhere you go in Dallas you will see this or the equivalent. Certainly, a bold effort in today's "climate".

The campaign is all over the DART buses (public transportation)..... so basically everywhere you go in Dallas you will see this or the equivalent. Certainly, a bold effort in today's "climate".

Thats awesome!!

Smart campaign. Bravo DSC.

DSC
...we will be there...
Booth no 2500
See you soon.
Elleni and Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.