DSC 2025 in Atlanta....are you going?

Are you planning to attend the DSC convention in Atlanta in 2025?

• Yes

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 53 44.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 31 26.3%

• Total voters
Yah I’m not buying the argument that DSC would fail in a southeastern city. SCI in Nashville went very well last year and it’s just few hours up the road.

Same geographic area drawing on the same local people. Besides which both shows draw lots of people from out of town.

I’ll give the nod however to Nashville having more to offer in after hours entertainment. I can see SCI returning to Nashville in the long term.

I am considering HSC also, i went years ago while at UH, was small then but i have heard it has grown alot - no Atlanta for me

HSC moved to the Woodlands this year.
Looks from map only about 150 vendors/booths. It has gotten smaller.

I am probably not going to DSC next year. May try to go to Atlanta once in the next three years. Considering the Houston show for next year. Just curious for those of you who go to Houston, how big is HSC compared to DSC.
It’s a fraction of the size. The move from the Houston convention center to the Woodlands was kind of a surprise to me. It seemed like it had been growing and gaining some steam the last few years. With DSC’s move to Atlanta, I thought they’d have pushed pretty hard to grow it and take some additional market share within Texas. Tried hard expanding their exhibitor base the next few years drawing in more attendees. Maybe they can do that at the Woodlands. We’ll see this weekend.

I don’t plan on going to any shows in 2025. I won’t rule out Atlanta in the years after.

The Blood Origins podcast has good interview with Cory Mason the CEO of DSC and it provides great insights on the move to Atlanta and, why DSC does some of the things they do. It’s a good listen.

I hate to say this, but after 20+ years of going to DSC, starting in the old Market Hall, I am not going to Atlanta. Hate to miss catching up with all my old friends and acquaintances but for the money I am spending plus adding airfare now, think I will just do some hunting trip instead. Mulies and Coues in Sonora, quail in Arizona or the Deep South... Cameroon are all possibilities not to mention trout fishing in Argentina. It's all about experiences...

I’m sure the convention itself will be fine. But I have zero desire to visit Atlanta.

There are so many interesting cities in the SE. why Atlanta. I’m sure schedules, logistics came into play in the decision. I hope it’s a huge success for their sake.
The DFW area has a lot of extracurricular interests for me.

I doubt I will attend DSC in Atlanta in 2025, but may in 2026. It is easy to skip one year as I just attended in Dallas which is a 3 hour drive from my house. It is a much bigger effort for Atlanta and I have enough information from discussions I just had to last me about 2 years. I will likely drop by HSC this weekend but that is just not comparable, but still some fun. Cheers

The HSC in Houston this year and for the next 2 years will be held at the Marriott Hotel and Convention Center in the Woodlands. They have downsided the convention from having it last year at the George Brown convention Center in downtown Houston because of space.

Being from Oregon it's a pain to get to Atlanta.
The DSC to me is more enjoyable than SCI, but I probably won't go to Nashville either, I'll just drive to the Sheep show in Reno

Heck yeah I'm going to be in Atlanta! It is little over a 3 hour drive for me from the mountains of NC.

Wherever you plan to have a AH dinner or get-together, I'll be there.

In a word no. If I have a choice between Nashville and Atlanta it isn't a choice. We'll go to SCI. I wish them luck, but I have real concerns. They will get a lot of Southeastern deer hunters who will come kick tires, but I wonder how many will actually be interested in international hunts. New Orleans will be awesome.
Me! I'm interested! Where are we going next uncle Joe?

More than likely, since I only live about 1.5 hours away...

No I won't be going to Atlanta. I have talked to quite a few DSC members (and I'm a member) and I haven't found anyone who isn't on the Board that agrees with the move out of TX. Many are irritated and quite a few are pissed at the move. Personally I didn't like hearing about it as an announcement AFTER the fact. Members shouldn't find out that way. I didn't get a chance to tell anyone my opinion on it. I didn't see any surveys asking for feedback on it before the decision. Poor communication on a decision that is very polarizing. Good for business? We will see.

Now I read here that SCI is going to be in NOLA...why wasn't that an option? Someone will say that Atlanta was the only choice that worked for that many years. Well, why not spread it around but closer to TX than Georgia? One or two years in NOLA...couple years in TX somewhere. There are definitely TX venues that can host DSC besides Kay Bailey Center.

I'm probably venting a bit but the point is I talked to quite a few people at DSC and asked if they were going to Atlanta next year...no one said yes to me. So where is all the help going to come from to put on a huge volunteer driven event?

I've got my own hunts booked for 18-24 months out. I helped 3 guys book elephant hunts at DSC this year. I won't be there to do that next time...or the year after that...etc.

Last edited:
I don't understand the move out of Texas, since Georgia has 2 chapters of it's own...

I'm going with a Maybe vote on attending the DSC convention. Atlanta and Nashville are close enough to being the same distance, and then there is the Great Outdoors Show in Harrisburg, PA.

Since I'm planning both an African and a Canadian hunt in 2025 I will most likely save the expenses on going to conventions and shows and using the funds for those trips.

If I do attend any of the 3 it would most likely be SCI in Nashville.

However, being a year and an election away things can change, as sh't happens beyond our control.

No I won't be going to Atlanta. I have talked to quite a few DSC members (and I'm a member) and I haven't found anyone who isn't on the Board that agrees with the move out of TX. Many are irritated and quite a few are pissed at the move. Personally I didn't like hearing about it as an announcement AFTER the fact. Members shouldn't find out that way. I didn't get a chance to tell anyone my opinion on it. I didn't see any surveys asking for feedback on it before the decision. Poor communication on a decision that is very polarizing. Good for business? We will see.

Now I read here that SCI is going to be in NOLA...why wasn't that an option? Someone will say that Atlanta was the only choice that worked for that many years. Well, why not spread it around but closer to TX than Georgia? One or two years in NOLA...couple years in TX somewhere. There are definitely TX venues that can host DSC besides Kay Bailey Center.

I'm probably venting a bit but the point is I talked to quite a few people at DSC and asked if they were going to Atlanta next year...no one said yes to me. So where is all the help going to come from to put on a huge volunteer driven event?

I've got my own hunts booked for 18-24 months out. I helped 3 guys book elephant hunts at DSC this year. I won't be there to do that next time...or the year after that...etc.
I feel the same. I’m from TX & a DSC member. If I’m flying to one or the other, it will be SCI. They should have utilized another venue in TX.

I’d much rather go to Nashville than Atlanta, so probably only do SCI next year.

I will go, it is taking place 90 miles away from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne847393

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.