Draw results 2022

Yes for Montana elk and deer for my son and I.
A big no for Idaho elk. The application system changed this year, it was a disappointment for out of state hunters. I had been 5 years and 5 elk in Idaho. I won’t be discouraged, next year!
I have family that lives in Lewistown, MT and am hoping to draw a speed goat tag this year. Alas...that draw isn't until mid-August. I wish they could move it up even if just one month so it's a little easier to plan a trip around. GOOD LUCK OUT IN THE 406! Maybe I'll pick ya up when I drive by on my way out!

Some of you have some good tags. I’m still hoping for some love from Wyoming on deer and antelope. I have 13? points for an elk tag and will do the backcountry tented hunt when I decide where to go and who to go with-currently all my pocket change is headed for South Africa so elk must wait awhile!
I have been working with a muzzleloader and have had best accuracy with powerbelt aerotip bullets. (Non sabot) CNt at how they do on game but they are very accurate

Results here in Saskatchewan for moose, elk and mule deer should be out in a week or two. Pronghorn draw will be around the middle of July. I’m not expecting much luck. My only real chance is pronghorn. Hoping my wife can pull a moose tag.

Congrats! We put in for it the last couple years but no dice. Hunted 15 with New Mexico big game and had a great time previously
I think it's been 1st choice on every application in NM since 2007 for me. I got lucky in 2017 and drew 34 Muzzleloader as a 3rd Choice but this is the first time I drew 16A and only the 2nd time I've drawn a NM Elk Tag.

Some of you have some good tags. I’m still hoping for some love from Wyoming on deer and antelope. I have 13? points for an elk tag and will do the backcountry tented hunt when I decide where to go and who to go with-currently all my pocket change is headed for South Africa so elk must wait awhile!
I have been working with a muzzleloader and have had best accuracy with powerbelt aerotip bullets. (Non sabot) CNt at how they do on game but they are very accurate
Wyoming has had a lot of points creep the last couple years in the units I've been looking at. I think I'm a point or 2 behind you for everything.

Hunted Wyoming from 1971 to 1978 when a big game tag which cost $50 would get you elk, deer, bear and game birds combined. No draw. Dang, I must be getting old.

I have a lot of hope for the WY drawings next week, I just happened to bump into a guy a few months ago that has 7 points for deer and 7 points for antelope and no idea what areas to apply for. So, I suggested that we partner up and apply together since I have a place to hunt but no points. Fingers grossed!

Well I pulled an elk tag. Unfortunately it’s in a zone that was my last choice and I’ve never hunted it before. Might be a tough go.
And my 80 year old father drew a mule deer tag in his home zone so that is exciting.

My daughter and I both drew Wyoming antelope tags, hunting Unit 72 in late September. Unit 72 is just west of Casper and the same unit I took a really antelope in 2018.

1655207562917.png

I did not draw deer. My girls aren’t up yet to check their e mails but they don’t have many points-maybe get lucky as one is still a youth

Wyoming has had a lot of points creep the last couple years in the units I've been looking at. I think I'm a point or 2 behind you for everything.
I have 21 preference points for moose and big horn sheep and still not competitive to draw a tag. It's very frustrating.

I have 4 antelope. 4 elk. 2 deer points for WY. Figure I would get serious about it maybe 2025 ish.

I have 4 antelope. 4 elk. 2 deer points for WY. Figure I would get serious about it maybe 2025 ish.
I don't think I would wait that long; Wyoming is thinking about changing the way they divvy up the tags between residents and non-residents. With the bulk of the tags going to residents.

Negative on Maine moose again for the 10th year. Very hard draw

Tennessee Quota Draw hunts opened Wednesday, June 15th. I put in for 2 deer hunts and for my first Tennessee elk hunt. Hopefully, but not likely I'll get all 3 hunts.

Drew South Dakota Black Hills bull elk tag. October 1-31st season. Very tough to draw. I’ve had one bull tag previously in South Dakota in 1997. Hills are a lot steeper now than they where back in the 1900’s!
Awesome Tag! I’m not to far away from the black hills now so just holler if you need some extra glass on the mountain, I’d be happy to help!
Cheers on a great draw,
Cody

I have 21 preference points for moose and big horn sheep and still not competitive to draw a tag. It's very frustrating.
You should've been able to draw about 1/2 the moose units with 21 Points. The top couple are 24-26 I believe.

Big Horn, you're right on the cusp. There were a bunch that were 100% in 2021 for 20 and 21 points.

You should've been able to draw about 1/2 the moose units with 21 Points. The top couple are 24-26 I believe.

Big Horn, you're right on the cusp. There were a bunch that were 100% in 2021 for 20 and 21 points.

Thanks for the encouragement, but it's not about applying for just any unit. I am working with two different outfitters and they both have recommended certain units to apply.

For moose, I applied for Area 25, around Pinedale. There were 8 non-resident tags and 22 points had 100% chance of drawing as there were 4 applicants. The 21 point group had 17 applicants for the remaining 4 tags, so 23.53% chance to draw.

1655481644746.png

For Big Horn Sheep, I need to decide if I am going to stay in the chase and buy another pref point this year. I'm thinking about walking away from this altogether. The 22 point group, 17 applicants, had a 35% chance to draw 3 tags in Area 3. The group with less than 22 points had 0% chance.

1655482235885.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg