Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Hi everyone this weekend I had the pleasure of spending 3 days at the DSC Convention and had a Blast. But what I'm posting about is a Rifle that I seen there that really caught my eye. I have heard several times that the double rifle is the perfect African gun well this weekend I seen what I beleive to be the perfect Double Rifle well almost perfect it was a left handed double rifle and I am right handed thank goodness or Mr. Plastic would have been pulled. The rifle I am talking about is a 375 H&H Double Rifle that holds 8 rounds, you read right 8 rounds and I have never seen one like this before, a double rifle, bolt action, 2 in the chamber and 6 in the Magazine never even heard of a rifle like this double triggers 1 for each barrel fire both barrel eject 2 casings and load 2 more rounds with each time you work the bolt. Sorry I don't have pictures because it was a beautiful rifle with English Walnut stock and engraved action my camera quit working on me and me with a 500 dollar 12MP smart phone hanging on my hip didn't even think to use it(brain fart). Has anyone seen one like this before? Who ever came up with this idea is a Genius giving you the best of both worlds.

gday bob
what happens if you only fire one barrel then opon the bolt does it spit both cases out ??
how much is a firearm like that worth ?
what brand is it ?

Gday Bluey

I'm not sure of the brand thats why I was wondering if anyone else had seen one before. The Gentlemen said if you only fire one barrel it would eject both chambers to prevent jaming.
as for the cost at first I was scared to ask as it was laying next to a $175,000 USD double rifle in a Rigby but I had to know so later I ask when he was alone just in case I passed out when he told me, but to my surprise he said those rifles run from $9,000 to $11,000 depending on the engraving.

what would make a double riffle worth 175 big ones ?
i sure would like to se these two guns
175 grand???

The name, it wasn't built in a Rigby it was a Rigby. but that was't the hi dollar one at the other end of the table was a double barrel shotgun inlayed with gold and diamonds for 225 big ones. I couldn't buy it but pass the word around my Birthday is coming up in June.:laughing:

I think this rifle discussion is interesting, I would like to hear more, how reliable is the gun? Accuracy? Brand?

Again not sure about the brand but a very solid gun the guy let me fondle it btw it had stainless barrels so my :drooling: didn't cause it to rust. I worked the action and it was very smooth again :drooling: if it had been a right handed Rifle I would have been able to tell you a lot more as it would be setting in my lap right now.:laughing:

ensyee dont tell me would hunt with 175 000 dollr double riffle thats more than i paid for my first house .
and bob if wepassed around the hat we might just get enough for the magazine in one of the docs attachments

I saw an article about one of these a year or two ago. It was made to order for an Arab prince, with gold, engraving and whathaveyounot, and the price tag was close to the annual budget of some small nations. If I find the article again, I will post a link.

ensyee dont tell me would hunt with 175 000 dollr double riffle thats more than i paid for my first house .
and bob if wepassed around the hat we might just get enough for the magazine in one of the docs attachments

Heck no on buying a gun like that (lol), I was more interested on how the gun was designed? engineered? accuracy?
I'd love a .404 Jeffrey with cross bolts but can't justify paying $2800 for one...it was closer to $1000, I might find it interesting~

I have also seen a rifle similar to this. I believe it was either a Krieghoff or Blaser that was made in Germany. I was lucky enough to tour both factories while I was stationed there, but can't remember which one I saw the rifle at.

Video of the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mike that was pretty cool .
i wonder how it would go scoped ?

there would probly be some reason that we couldnt get it into australia
what calibre do you rekon it was in the clip ?
375 HH?

Doesn't that chap named Jeff Rann hunt on TV with a Royal double worth about 240 big ones? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Doesn't that chap named Jeff Rann hunt on TV with a Royal double worth about 240 big ones? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Heck I think most double rifles are a little over priced for 240 big ones I'll sell him my farm and 3500 sqf home. Trophies not included.:laughing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois