Double Rifle Cartridge Belt

I use the hoops above the breast pocket on my WR shirts, easy to get at, out of the way. But maybe having 4 x 500NE cartridges up there would be too heavy. In that case I would defer to one of the belts like @Bullthrower338 or @Red Leg 's that has the hoops built in, not an added pouch to slide around or stick out.

My culling belt is my go to …
Can’t remember who made it.

IMG_4400.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 4.39.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 4.39.22 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 4.39.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 4.39.23 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
Im ready to order a Murray Ammo belt for 470 nitro cartridge. I wanted your opinion on leather or elastic pouches. Which one would you recommend?
Thanks you

Im ready to order a Murray Ammo belt for 470 nitro cartridge. I wanted your opinion on leather or elastic pouches. Which one would you recommend?
Thanks you
I much prefer the leather on mine. IMO - It just looks more classy than elastic.
1661637848783.png

If you shoot right handed you need you cartridges on the same side. Regardless of what you are shooting ie double/bolt. Balance on you hip/leg in order to reload. You will need that momentary rest to focus. FYI who gives a fu... about the material as long as the rounds are there when you need them!!! Just my opinion.

I’ve been super happy with this slide for my 500.
I wear a heavier tactical style belt with it.
made by CHM Leather in Texas.
86FA5216-BBA3-4943-A11A-C86C183CF764.jpeg

I’ve been super happy with this slide for my 500.
I wear a heavier tactical style belt with it.
made by CHM Leather in Texas.View attachment 485388
That looks cool, I love minimalistic design. Will give them a call and see. CHM = Campbells Custom Leather?CEB Meplat bullets, must be going for some Dugga boys /Elephant

It’s actually called CHM sporting.
He sells lots of his stuff on eBay mostly custom cartridge slides.
Super good dude to deal with.
he made my slide to my exact specs for less than half of the cost of any other slides around that I liked.
I prefer the 8 round configuration as opposed to the much heavier full cartridge belt.
Best thing to do is just email him from his eBay listings and tell him what you need.
This slide has been with me on 2 different hunts in Zim and countless miles of walking, never gave me any issues and the cartridges were always right where they needed to be.

yes sir the CEB’s preformed unbelievably well on my buff and elephant…:)

Murray does great work, my belt in 505 Gibbs only uses elastic for the cartridge loop. This at first was a disappointment as the all leather look had more of an appeal. The elastic loops made for an easier extraction and did not tarnish the rounds as leather often does. Still a fine looking belt.

Murray does great work, my belt in 505 Gibbs only uses elastic for the cartridge loop. This at first was a disappointment as the all leather look had more of an appeal. The elastic loops made for an easier extraction and did not tarnish the rounds as leather often does. Still a fine looking belt.
Good point, pluses and minus, also the leather belt is going to be heavier, even though slightly.

In fact I'm planning to go with just an 8 round ammo slider, I have many heavy duty belts that I can slide them on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!