Double addicted

A nice buffalo or two would do that justice. Is that the Light Frame version?

I believe so yes, are there any markings I could look for that would clarify it?
 
Free on board. The respobsibilty of the goods has transfered
 
I believe so yes, are there any markings I could look for that would clarify it?
If it is in the weight range 3.6kg - 3.9kg it is the light frame. If it is 4.5kg or thereabouts it is the Africa frame, also known as PH frame.
 
IMG_0710.jpeg

A cool hunt with my Double
 
Here are a couple pics, my newer acquisitions still need to be hunted before I post them.

577double.JPG
2018roan.JPG
2018roan2.JPG
double9.3.JPG
double450.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Kevin Peacocke The double with the Giraffe is a 577 BPE and if my memory serves me is a Coswell and Harris from the mid 1880's. The double with the Eland is a Chapuis 9.3x74, The double with the Buffalo is a Sabatti 450 NE, and the one with the Roan is a Verrny Carron 450/400.
 
I also really like what someone did with this Baikal (sorry for not mentioning you personally whoever this was, I can't find your original post). Even with this fancy stock this would be very affordable I should think.
View attachment 513354
The thread was "Enter the Minefield of Double Rifle from Baikal" or something like that ;)

HWL
 
This is a new addition to our group, a 1904 Westley Richards 450/400 3". It will take time to uncover the history, but we know it spent a long time in Rhodesia National Parks. Not sure whether to clean it up or leave as is and just use the old girl. There is a tonne of mineral oil in that pistol grip. What would you do?
View attachment 513531View attachment 513532
I would give it a light cleaning. It would be nice to see the Color and grain of the wood under an oil finish. I would leave the battle scars alone, it tells the story of the rifle.
 
The double is a VC 450 I had built in 2013. The shirts are from Boyt Harness. I had a seamstress that works where I do customize the shell holders to fit tighter which also added an additional holder. They work great.
I have several of these due to they are pretty much the only remaining shirt bullet holders in cotton
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,320
Messages
1,572,871
Members
169,632
Latest member
CDZKing525
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top