Double addicted

A nice buffalo or two would do that justice. Is that the Light Frame version?

I believe so yes, are there any markings I could look for that would clarify it?

Free on board. The respobsibilty of the goods has transfered

I believe so yes, are there any markings I could look for that would clarify it?
If it is in the weight range 3.6kg - 3.9kg it is the light frame. If it is 4.5kg or thereabouts it is the Africa frame, also known as PH frame.

IMG_0710.jpeg

A cool hunt with my Double

@Kevin Peacocke The double with the Giraffe is a 577 BPE and if my memory serves me is a Coswell and Harris from the mid 1880's. The double with the Eland is a Chapuis 9.3x74, The double with the Buffalo is a Sabatti 450 NE, and the one with the Roan is a Verrny Carron 450/400.

The double is a VC 450 I had built in 2013. The shirts are from Boyt Harness. I had a seamstress that works where I do customize the shell holders to fit tighter which also added an additional holder. They work great.

I also really like what someone did with this Baikal (sorry for not mentioning you personally whoever this was, I can't find your original post). Even with this fancy stock this would be very affordable I should think.
View attachment 513354
The thread was "Enter the Minefield of Double Rifle from Baikal" or something like that ;)

HWL

This is a new addition to our group, a 1904 Westley Richards 450/400 3". It will take time to uncover the history, but we know it spent a long time in Rhodesia National Parks. Not sure whether to clean it up or leave as is and just use the old girl. There is a tonne of mineral oil in that pistol grip. What would you do?
View attachment 513531View attachment 513532
I would give it a light cleaning. It would be nice to see the Color and grain of the wood under an oil finish. I would leave the battle scars alone, it tells the story of the rifle.

The double is a VC 450 I had built in 2013. The shirts are from Boyt Harness. I had a seamstress that works where I do customize the shell holders to fit tighter which also added an additional holder. They work great.
I have several of these due to they are pretty much the only remaining shirt bullet holders in cotton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg