Don't waste your time buying sale items from Cabelas / BP

Johnny Morris single handedly has ruined the finest outdoor retail business in the country. Classic case of moving an acquisition of a superior competitor to a lower common denominator. I never shop there any longer.

I feel your pain but it's all about liability. May sound nuts but they're covering their butts in the one in a million chance you have a round in your pocket.

They did that because they had a round from a new rifle discharge into the ceiling about 5 years back

Johnny Morris single handedly has ruined the finest outdoor retail business in the country. Classic case of moving an acquisition of a superior competitor to a lower common denominator. I never shop there any longer.

Agreed. I was at the grand opening of their first superstore in Sydney. Talk about a kid in a candy store! It’s sad to see it come to this.

Funny story from the Sydney store. My buddy with Holland & Holland was over to do some rough shooting in Nebraska with me. He insisted on wearing breeks with bright yellow socks. We stopped at the Sydney store on our way through. The greeter said hello, handed me a flyer, turned to my buddy, instantly freezing with his mouth hanging open. I guess they don’t get a lot of fellows in breeks there!

I feel your pain but it's all about liability. May sound nuts but they're covering their butts in the one in a million chance you have a round in your pocket.

Oh I understand that completely. I understand that Bass Pro doesn't have the original Cabela's customer in mind and this is another example. Worried about one in way over a million liability? Then they are doing it right and focusing on that instead of the customer.

Let me return the gun and it's not an issue. Tell me tough crap for something I should be able to test and return if not to my liking. I will go elsewhere.

Trigger locks yes but this happened to one of my close friends. He saw an Anschutz 17 HMR sporter listed online but at another store. At the time, they had a policy where they would ship the gun to the your chosen store for inspection and no obligation to buy. Short story long, he buys the rifle, takes it to the range, mag loaded, on the bags, CLICK. There was no firing pin in the rifle. He acquired another firing pin and the rifle shot well but WTF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,