Don't laugh at my 21st century 375 H&H!

colorado do you know with the B&C stocks is it just a straight swop or do they need some fitting? i have emailed CZ about one of their synthetic stocks for my 500 jeff which my .416 rigby has, so waiting to see what they say.

Spike sorry I don't know. I think it's supposed to be drop in, but are they ever really? I want to be able to swap back and forth between wood and synthetic myself, don't mind if I need a gunsmith to fit the synthetic initially. I'll ask Harlan at Triple River and get back to you unless someone knows the answer here. Sorry for the late reply.

Spike sorry I don't know. I think it's supposed to be drop in, but are they ever really? I want to be able to swap back and forth between wood and synthetic myself, don't mind if I need a gunsmith to fit the synthetic initially. I'll ask Harlan at Triple River and get back to you unless someone knows the answer here. Sorry for the late reply.

hi no probs . have been emailing rob at cz custom who sorted export of the rifle in first place, and kip at cz, but to have one sent is with export licence and handling fee $425.00 plus cost of stock.....so bit pricey . kip said he cant even export a screw....thats why exports etc i presume go through custom shop. they been very helpful i must say. looking to sort it so i can pick it up at sci. and kip said due to .500 jeff barrel profile there is a small amount of fitting needed. and as licence was sorted and back from takeri in lusaka picked it up today.....along with all the .500 jeff ammo in the shop...13 rnds :D cant wait to see look on @PeteG face when he shoots it.......:whistle::D

Awesome, I won't be going to the next one, but will go to Reno. See you and Jaco there?

I was quite disappointed with the CZ Custom shop, in Kansas City I think. I ordered a 550 in 404 J only to get a call from someone saying that it didn't matter if it was listed or not, they weren't going to fill the order. Didn't seem to be very good customer service- leading my choice in a handgun away from CZ and toward SIG.

Sorry to hear that. I worked with Jason at the CZ Custom Shop and Harlan at Triple River w;ho does most of their work. Both stand up guys. It took a bit to get my 500 Jeffery to function flawlessly but I can't complain about their service or attitude. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

and as licence was sorted and back from takeri in lusaka picked it up today.....along with all the .500 jeff ammo in the shop...13 rnds :D cant wait to see look on @PeteG face when he shoots it.......:whistle::D
shooting it... pah, piece of cake... its the the getting up off the floor with a rifle in hand, thats tricky!:ROFLMAO:

Nothing wrong with your rifle in my opinion. This is mine
20161013_082757.jpg

Nice rifle, nice lines very functional. We have Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby, that is light functional and weather resistant. Your rifle looks awesome.

As youve hard in the last 3 pages, theres nothing wrong with stainless and synthetic--especially where weather conditions "require" it. Function has a beauty all its own!

I've posted this in another thread, but here is the Kimber in SS and Carbon fiber, feels great, shoots great...love it!

20160325_163005.jpg

Once I put some thought into it, I realized this was a better way to go for me anyway. I'm going to be taking off the irons and muzzle brake and putting on a custom made reflex suppressor that slides over the barrel. This would ruin the look of a classic blued and walnut african rifle, but works perfect on this

Thanks guys. I'm trying to work up a 250 Barnes TTSX load for plains game. Having a little trouble. 2 shots very close, then one 2" out. May need to play with the seating depth more. The first try was .080 off the lands and they went everywhere. This is my first time using Barnes bullets. I'll get it to work. Just takes a little time.

Reedy, I have a 243 Kimber Montana. Shoots 3 Rounds at 200 yards into 1.25". 85 gr Nosler Partitions ahead of H414. Blew my buds away who didn't think the spindly barrel would shoot well. Great little walking varmint gun!

Thanks guys. I'm trying to work up a 250 Barnes TTSX load for plains game. Having a little trouble. 2 shots very close, then one 2" out. May need to play with the seating depth more. The first try was .080 off the lands and they went everywhere. This is my first time using Barnes bullets. I'll get it to work. Just takes a little time.

Reedy, I have a 243 Kimber Montana. Shoots 3 Rounds at 200 yards into 1.25". 85 gr Nosler Partitions ahead of H414. Blew my buds away who didn't think the spindly barrel would shoot well. Great little walking varmint gun!
Peregrine bullets are now available in the US. You should look at their 230gr bullets. Might work better than the barnes for you.

I'll check in to Peregine. Never heard of them. Thanks AG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg