Doner Action for 9.3x62

I built a 9.3x62 on the same action. It feed perfectly without having to do any mods to the magazine box or action rails and is one of the most accurate hunting rifles I own.
I think this one will too, my son has Shultz & Larson 9.3x62 i got some PPPU 285 grain ammo from him, they fit into the magazine ok & come up out of the rails & up under the extractor as they should, but being a 30/06 of course they will not chamber but it looks good.
 
Rdog, that is a sharp looking Mustang, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say your wife is "sharper!!" Aesthetics as they say is in the eye of the beholder. BTW I think she "owes" you a new rifle.
 
Rdog, that is a sharp looking Mustang, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say your wife is "sharper!!" Aesthetics as they say is in the eye of the beholder. BTW I think she "owes" you a new rifle.
May be you can convince her, i can not, she is a hard nut to crack !:D but i have to confess she has been very good to me, she was 20 & I was 23, when we met in a Hospital in Vietnam in 1969.
 
Rdog, that is a sharp looking Mustang, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say your wife is "sharper!!" Aesthetics as they say is in the eye of the beholder. BTW I think she "owes" you a new rifle.
@Shootist43
Art I was going to say something similar but I didn't want to swell @rdog head.
Bob
 
9.3x62 build up date. finished in-letting the stock, the last of the 1970 s Fagens i had with the help of my neighbor on his milling machine, good to have a man like him a machinist & rifle shooter living next door. will bed it when i get the barrel hopefully in December i drilled out the
rusty 30/06 barrel so i could chamber a 9.3 x62 round so i could check feeding.
had to open up the left hand rail about .7 of a mill to get it to work on the left side it now works
like silk, made up 4 dummy cartridges with 4 different projectiles to test, i might fit a stock cross bolt & an ebony forend tip. i think i have an addiction to M98 actions might build a 404 or a 318 Westley Richards next?
pictures of 9.3 in progress & finished 8x57 both on Parker Hale 1200 actions.
IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
 
What is the wait time on the lw barrel, I think I'm going with a Shaw over $100 less with my buddies discount but like 4-6 months wait. I'm broke so I'll need time to save up for the other stuff in meantime. I'll get a Richards microfits stock ordered to.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,655
Members
169,792
Latest member
Jameolsene
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top