Doner Action for 9.3x62

rdog

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA
Just got my Parker Hale M98 action for my 9.3x62 build its in excellent condition as new its a 30/06 the
barrel is very badly corroded in side. Have a pre fit barrel coming in December & a stock on order
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG

Last edited:
Just the right action, the 9.3X62 is a great caliber, almost as great as the 30/06 lol !

Looks like the bolt has been modified, who did that, looks good to ?

Just the right action, the 9.3X62 is a great caliber, almost as great as the 30/06 lol !

Looks like the bolt has been modified, who did that, looks good to ?
Bolt is original i have another Parker Hale & the bolt is the same, Actions were built by
Santa Barbara in the 1970s.

Is it, I have a few & had many, haven't seen that nice dish to clear a lower scope !

Might be different years as most of ours here are earlier bolts, with alot being German actions from the 60s, with ones in the later 70's being Santa Barbara the bolt knobs are round as are the edges up higher, where that bolt has a sharp edge, only have three right now & my 458Win has had a different bolt grafted on, yours has a nice mag release to !

I mean the P&H rifles build in the 60's not the actions .

Just got my Parker Hale M98 action for my 9.3x62 build its in excellent condition as new its a 30/06 the
barrel is very badly corroded in side. Have a pre fit barrel coming in December & a stock on orderView attachment 421300.View attachment 421299
@rdog
You keep building mate and you are going to run out of calibers to build.
How bout an ultra light short action CRF 250 Savage.it would be perfect for about 90% of our game. Top it off with a nice 2.5 to 8x32 loopy and your set for plains to hills, small game to red deer and a lot more class than that calibre I love to hate.

Your metric Whelen should be nice going on past results.
Bob

@rdog
You keep building mate and you are going to run out of calibers to build.
How bout an ultra light short action CRF 250 Savage.it would be perfect for about 90% of our game. Top it off with a nice 2.5 to 8x32 loopy and your set for plains to hills, small game to red deer and a lot more class than that calibre I love to hate.

Your metric Whelen should be nice going on past results.
Bob
Bob in the late 70s Bill Marden built me a 250 savage from a Sako 22/250 with a Douglas 1-10 twist no2 profile barrel & like a fool i sold it to fund a transmission repair on my Ford XY GT.
i lust after an other one, or a 257 Roberts, may be it will be my next project. i bought a
FORD mustang 5 LTR for my wifes 70 th birthday( I GOT A PAIR OF SOCKS FOR MINE! ) so she may allow me to do it, I think i promised her no more guns about 10 guns ago.
IMG_1142.JPG

rdog..........who's making your bbl? What length you going with? That should be a fun project. And as Bob noted, a 2.5 to 8 Leupold is going on one of my 250 Savages this year and heading after a Wyoming speed goat........best of luck with your build...........show us how she finishes up...........FWB

rdog..........who's making your bbl? What length you going with? That should be a fun project. And as Bob noted, a 2.5 to 8 Leupold is going on one of my 250 Savages this year and heading after a Wyoming speed goat........best of luck with your build...........show us how she finishes up...........FWB
The barrel is a Lother Walther 724 profile medium heavy sporter pre fit M98 it is just a little heaver than my 8x57 barrel its 23.5 inches long due in December i hope.

Bob in the late 70s Bill Marden built me a 250 savage from a Sako 22/250 with a Douglas 1-10 twist no2 profile barrel & like a fool i sold it to fund a transmission repair on my Ford XY GT.
i lust after an other one, or a 257 Roberts, may be it will be my next project. i bought a
FORD mustang 5 LTR for my wifes 70 th birthday( I GOT A PAIR OF SOCKS FOR MINE! ) so she may allow me to do it, I think i promised her no more guns about 10 guns ago.View attachment 421390
@rdod
You're a very silly Vegemite selling a sako to fix a Ford even if it was an xy GT.
If it was for a 327 or 350 Chevy MONARO with the fluffy dice I could understand. I could even understand a 440 Charger rt or the tripple Webber 265 hemi.
BUT A BLOODY FORD YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING.
Should have got the wife a new dodge charger rt or a Viper, hell I would even go a camero but not a mustang please.
Be nice to that lovely wife and get rid of that mustang. I can see her in a hemi powered dodge RAM with the same 700 horsepower engine as the Jeep track hawk engine.. That way you would both be happy.
Bob

Bob if your going to be like that i think i will buy a couple of 243s:giggle: this is my car does this make you happy, did it all myself bar the upholstery
IMG_1154.JPG
mark & dad verdun 2012 048.JPG
IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG

@rdod
You're a very silly Vegemite selling a sako to fix a Ford even if it was an xy GT.
If it was for a 327 or 350 Chevy MONARO with the fluffy dice I could understand. I could even understand a 440 Charger rt or the tripple Webber 265 hemi.
BUT A BLOODY FORD YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING.
Should have got the wife a new dodge charger rt or a Viper, hell I would even go a camero but not a mustang please.
Be nice to that lovely wife and get rid of that mustang. I can see her in a hemi powered dodge RAM with the same 700 horsepower engine as the Jeep track hawk engine.. That way you would both be happy.
Bob

Bob if your going to be like that i think i will buy a couple of 243s:giggle: this is my car does this make you happy, did it all myself bar the upholstery View attachment 421450View attachment 421451View attachment 421452View attachment 421453View attachment 421454
@rdog
You have redeemed yourself my son. It may not be a monaro but it is a HOLDEN and a WB Kingswood but the looks of it.
What power plant is in it.
All is forgiven.
Of course you had to add the statesman badge for a bit of class.
Our friens from over seas won't get this but I hope you glad wrapped the number plate and Ipanaed the distinct al ah Ted Bullpit.
Bob

FORD mustang 5 LTR for my wifes 70 th birthday( I GOT A PAIR OF SOCKS FOR MINE! ) so she may allow me to do it, I think i promised her no more guns about 10 guns ago.View attachment 421390
Get a 257 Roberts

@rdog
You have redeemed yourself my son. It may not be a monaro but it is a HOLDEN and a WB Kingswood but the looks of it.
What power plant is in it.
All is forgiven.
Of course you had to add the statesman badge for a bit of class.
Our friens from over seas won't get this but I hope you glad wrapped the number plate and Ipanaed the distinct al ah Ted Bullpit.
Bob
Its an 1978 HZ Kingswood SL the engine is a 253 now at about 270 cubic inch , roller rockers, mild cam, 4 barrel Holley & no emission control & beefed up Trimatic transmission, Electronic ignition &
disc brakes all round.

I built a 9.3x62 on the same action. It feed perfectly without having to do any mods to the magazine box or action rails and is one of the most accurate hunting rifles I own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!