Dick’s Sporting Goods

I don't shop at Dick's because they are dicks! ;)

One has to wonder if Dick’s decision to stop selling AR15’s and the subsequent fall in sales, influenced this move. Now their narrative is that it is totally their plan but they won’t publicly say that shooters and hunters impacted their decision.

The one near me has morphed in to a a clothing store. Next recession or sooner, I see them going the way of Gander Mountain.

Dick’s used to actually sell sporting equipment: treadmills, tennis rackets, etc... Now it is just a glorified clothing store. The tangent Field and Stream stores, without guns and hunting, will soon go bye-bye.

Dick’s used to actually sell sporting equipment: treadmills, tennis rackets, etc... Now it is just a glorified clothing store. The tangent Field and Stream stores, without guns and hunting, will soon go bye-bye.

All the boomer stuff is going by the wayside, golf, tennis, racquetball, etc. The local Cabela's is going down the same road as the local Dick's, offshore made clothing for U.S. made prices.

More mark-up in soft goods. I guess they can sell t-shirts, sneakers and Yeti cups and still make a profit.

More mark-up in soft goods. I guess they can sell t-shirts, sneakers and Yeti cups and still make a profit.
Funny you mention Yeti. The Dicks here has removed all hunting and fishing gear and the wall where the guns were once displayed is now an entire wall of Yeti cups.

The one near me has morphed in to a a clothing store. Next recession or sooner, I see them going the way of Gander Mountain.

Exactly

Like most or all of us, They will never see another penny of my money and haven't since their shenanigans started!!!!!

On another note about dicks... my taxidermist said our local store called him a few weeks back because they had some of his work hanging int he lodge and they were getting ready to remodel. They gave him 24 hours to come get 4 mounts or and I quote "they would be thrown in the dumpster" !! WOW

If their recent politically correct BS wasn't enough for me, this drove a million nails in the coffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONE! Forever!

I understand this could possibly just be a business strategy, but with their past track record, I doubt it. I haven't shopped there since the time they decided ARs were too dangerous to sell. I'm not a huge black rifle guy, but I don't like a store trying to dictate what's right for me or any of their customers.

disregard, didn't noticed the date.

Dicks will eventually become extinct the same way Galyan’s ( the store brand they bought) did and Sports’ Authority (formerly Gart Bros.) did as the yuppies continue to purchase their overpriced, untested name brand crap on line from Amazon, E Bay or elsewhere! I give Dicks one to two years (maybe less) before they’re bankrupt! I haven’t shopped there since they decided to jump into the political arena!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg