AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
One has to wonder if Dick’s decision to stop selling AR15’s and the subsequent fall in sales, influenced this move. Now their narrative is that it is totally their plan but they won’t publicly say that shooters and hunters impacted their decision.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
The one near me has morphed in to a a clothing store. Next recession or sooner, I see them going the way of Gander Mountain.

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
Dick’s used to actually sell sporting equipment: treadmills, tennis rackets, etc... Now it is just a glorified clothing store. The tangent Field and Stream stores, without guns and hunting, will soon go bye-bye.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Dick’s used to actually sell sporting equipment: treadmills, tennis rackets, etc... Now it is just a glorified clothing store. The tangent Field and Stream stores, without guns and hunting, will soon go bye-bye.
All the boomer stuff is going by the wayside, golf, tennis, racquetball, etc. The local Cabela's is going down the same road as the local Dick's, offshore made clothing for U.S. made prices.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
More mark-up in soft goods. I guess they can sell t-shirts, sneakers and Yeti cups and still make a profit.

IA Monsterbuck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada
More mark-up in soft goods. I guess they can sell t-shirts, sneakers and Yeti cups and still make a profit.
Funny you mention Yeti. The Dicks here has removed all hunting and fishing gear and the wall where the guns were once displayed is now an entire wall of Yeti cups.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
The one near me has morphed in to a a clothing store. Next recession or sooner, I see them going the way of Gander Mountain.
Exactly

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Like most or all of us, They will never see another penny of my money and haven't since their shenanigans started!!!!!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
On another note about dicks... my taxidermist said our local store called him a few weeks back because they had some of his work hanging int he lodge and they were getting ready to remodel. They gave him 24 hours to come get 4 mounts or and I quote "they would be thrown in the dumpster" !! WOW

If their recent politically correct BS wasn't enough for me, this drove a million nails in the coffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
DONE! Forever!

Adam S

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA (OH, WV, CO)
I understand this could possibly just be a business strategy, but with their past track record, I doubt it. I haven't shopped there since the time they decided ARs were too dangerous to sell. I'm not a huge black rifle guy, but I don't like a store trying to dictate what's right for me or any of their customers.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted

PARA45

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
disregard, didn't noticed the date.

CoElkHunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Dicks will eventually become extinct the same way Galyan’s ( the store brand they bought) did and Sports’ Authority (formerly Gart Bros.) did as the yuppies continue to purchase their overpriced, untested name brand crap on line from Amazon, E Bay or elsewhere! I give Dicks one to two years (maybe less) before they’re bankrupt! I haven’t shopped there since they decided to jump into the political arena!

Last edited:

Latest profile posts

Damon Engel wrote on Saul's profile.
Hello! I noticed your E Type in your avatar. What year is it? I have a '69 that looks identical, minus the wire wheels. My car has the steel rims, as I understand it,a more expensive option, but I like the wire wheel much better!
pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
Hunt booked 2022
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.