Deer Pictures

Michigan is not known for deer of this caliber in the wild. There are several "preserves" that offer deer like this in Michigan. I would bet good money it came from there. Why don't you ask the poster yourself.

No need really. Just wondering about your conclusion without seeing the question.

Michigan is not known for deer of this caliber in the wild. There are several "preserves" that offer deer like this in Michigan. I would bet good money it came from there. Why don't you ask the poster yourself.

gday archer36
l think theres deer that size everywhere its just letting them live long enough to reach there full potential .
and of course being in the right spot when they walk out helps .
if one was inclined to score a cracker like that what number would you guess him to be ???

About 50 years ago I started my hunting carrier in the UP. Never killed a dandy buck like that!!!!!! Must have had your heart going pitter patter for a while. Congratulations on one damn fine animal!!!! Liberty

gday archer36
l think theres deer that size everywhere its just letting them live long enough to reach there full potential .
and of course being in the right spot when they walk out helps .
if one was inclined to score a cracker like that what number would you guess him to be ???

If that is a preserve buck he would be a management buck. That 135-140" buck is real nice and obviously mature, he would be a great trophy from Michigan - wild and free. Don't compare the rack to the person, compare it to the deers head, it has nice mass which looks bigger compared to the short beams, short tines and narrow spread. Nice buck but no high fence monster.

If that is a preserve buck he would be a management buck. That 135-140" buck is real nice and obviously mature, he would be a great trophy from Michigan - wild and free. Don't compare the rack to the person, compare it to the deers head, it has nice mass which looks bigger compared to the short beams, short tines and narrow spread. Nice buck but no high fence monster.
We are referring to the non-typical deer, not the typical one. If you scored the non-typical, it would be the new world record, hence my contention that it is high fence. You will never see this deer in the books.

We are referring to the non-typical deer, not the typical one. If you scored the non-typical, it would be the new world record, hence my contention that it is high fence. You will never see this deer in the books.

I didn't say anything, I thought it looked like a preserve deer, not that if it was one, it would not bother me. There are still big deer taken in Michigan, just on select properties that have food plots and feed the deer year round.
The non-typical is very nice deer, but FAR FROM A WORLD RECORD! And that is all I will say.

Sorry I didn't scroll up enough, stopped at the 1st UP buck I saw. The NT will have a 145" gross typical frame with insane mass and nearly 20" of NT showing puts him in the low 160s far far from the world record (333" isn't it?)

You are right on one point though, we will never see him in the book, he is nowhere near the minimum size for entry. Gorgeous buck that I would love to call my own though.

My 30" Roland Ward Fallow Deer taken in the North West province in South Africa.

I used my 85lb PSE Omen with a Black Mamba Arrow and a 125g Rage broadhead. I took him at 16 meters and it was a beautiful heart shot :)

IMG_2662.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My best whitetail so far. Taken in November 2011.

Attachments

• 101_4087.jpg
    101_4087.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:
One of my sons with his first deer, shot with ammo he loaded and used to sight in the rifle.
IMG_1562_2.jpg

A local eight point I took with my .38-40 revolver. Used a 200 grain LFN with HS-6 behind it.
IMG_1567.jpg

It's not the biggest whitetail you've ever seen, but it's the largest I've shot to date. Notice, I had to row across the lake with this deer in the boat, to get back to my truck. I've wanted to do that for many years. It was a lot of fun to have a nice buck in the boat during the row.
IMG_5412 (2).JPG
IMG_5411 (2).JPG
IMG_7291 (2).JPG

A pretty good central NC deer that I am stoked with!

2015 deer 3.jpg

37BBD624-44AE-49B3-8F02-776A4650DCBE.jpeg
My brothers mule deer from a couple years back. I claim being “the guide.” When I found the buck I called my brother and told him I had just seen the biggest buck I had ever seen during a hunt. It took us hours to find each other then more hours to find the buck, bedded up in deep sage. When we turned the buck up in a Wyoming windstorm(see also sandstorm), my brother asks “are you sure that’s him?”. . . It was him

Last edited:
26C7EACD-7282-49A6-9C8D-87BA27650911.jpeg
And here is one of my dad when he was still a skinny little kid. He is now 80 something and hasn’t hunted in 15 years. It’s amazing how we don’t all just shoot each other every October if we aren’t in head to toe blaze orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois