Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Michigan is not known for deer of this caliber in the wild. There are several "preserves" that offer deer like this in Michigan. I would bet good money it came from there. Why don't you ask the poster yourself.

No need really. Just wondering about your conclusion without seeing the question.

bluey

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
Hunted
australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)zambia
Michigan is not known for deer of this caliber in the wild. There are several "preserves" that offer deer like this in Michigan. I would bet good money it came from there. Why don't you ask the poster yourself.

gday archer36
l think theres deer that size everywhere its just letting them live long enough to reach there full potential .
and of course being in the right spot when they walk out helps .
if one was inclined to score a cracker like that what number would you guess him to be ???

LIBERTY

Reaction score
About 50 years ago I started my hunting carrier in the UP. Never killed a dandy buck like that!!!!!! Must have had your heart going pitter patter for a while. Congratulations on one damn fine animal!!!! Liberty

Diamondhitch

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.diamondhitch.webs.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
gday archer36
l think theres deer that size everywhere its just letting them live long enough to reach there full potential .
and of course being in the right spot when they walk out helps .
if one was inclined to score a cracker like that what number would you guess him to be ???

If that is a preserve buck he would be a management buck. That 135-140" buck is real nice and obviously mature, he would be a great trophy from Michigan - wild and free. Don't compare the rack to the person, compare it to the deers head, it has nice mass which looks bigger compared to the short beams, short tines and narrow spread. Nice buck but no high fence monster.

archer36

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
If that is a preserve buck he would be a management buck. That 135-140" buck is real nice and obviously mature, he would be a great trophy from Michigan - wild and free. Don't compare the rack to the person, compare it to the deers head, it has nice mass which looks bigger compared to the short beams, short tines and narrow spread. Nice buck but no high fence monster.
We are referring to the non-typical deer, not the typical one. If you scored the non-typical, it would be the new world record, hence my contention that it is high fence. You will never see this deer in the books.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
We are referring to the non-typical deer, not the typical one. If you scored the non-typical, it would be the new world record, hence my contention that it is high fence. You will never see this deer in the books.

I didn't say anything, I thought it looked like a preserve deer, not that if it was one, it would not bother me. There are still big deer taken in Michigan, just on select properties that have food plots and feed the deer year round.
The non-typical is very nice deer, but FAR FROM A WORLD RECORD! And that is all I will say.

Diamondhitch

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.diamondhitch.webs.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic

Sorry I didn't scroll up enough, stopped at the 1st UP buck I saw. The NT will have a 145" gross typical frame with insane mass and nearly 20" of NT showing puts him in the low 160s far far from the world record (333" isn't it?)

You are right on one point though, we will never see him in the book, he is nowhere near the minimum size for entry. Gorgeous buck that I would love to call my own though.

petrusg

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
My 30" Roland Ward Fallow Deer taken in the North West province in South Africa.

I used my 85lb PSE Omen with a Black Mamba Arrow and a 125g Rage broadhead. I took him at 16 meters and it was a beautiful heart shot :)

IMG_2662.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yidava25

AH member
Reaction score
My best whitetail so far. Taken in November 2011.

Attachments

• 101_4087.jpg
    101_4087.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:

MS Hitman

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
Hunted
USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
One of my sons with his first deer, shot with ammo he loaded and used to sight in the rifle.
IMG_1562_2.jpg

MS Hitman

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
Hunted
USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
A local eight point I took with my .38-40 revolver. Used a 200 grain LFN with HS-6 behind it.
IMG_1567.jpg

Bule Jagter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
ZA, USA, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
It's not the biggest whitetail you've ever seen, but it's the largest I've shot to date. Notice, I had to row across the lake with this deer in the boat, to get back to my truck. I've wanted to do that for many years. It was a lot of fun to have a nice buck in the boat during the row.
IMG_5412 (2).JPG
IMG_5411 (2).JPG
IMG_7291 (2).JPG

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
A pretty good central NC deer that I am stoked with!

2015 deer 3.jpg

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
37BBD624-44AE-49B3-8F02-776A4650DCBE.jpeg
My brothers mule deer from a couple years back. I claim being “the guide.” When I found the buck I called my brother and told him I had just seen the biggest buck I had ever seen during a hunt. It took us hours to find each other then more hours to find the buck, bedded up in deep sage. When we turned the buck up in a Wyoming windstorm(see also sandstorm), my brother asks “are you sure that’s him?”. . . It was him

Last edited:

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
26C7EACD-7282-49A6-9C8D-87BA27650911.jpeg
And here is one of my dad when he was still a skinny little kid. He is now 80 something and hasn’t hunted in 15 years. It’s amazing how we don’t all just shoot each other every October if we aren’t in head to toe blaze orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcruisperforminax

Latest profile posts

Dale a tu casa la limpieza profunda que necesita sin la molestia de hacerlo tú mismo. Nosotros nos encargamos de todo para que usted pueda disfrutar de su descanso. Servicio en Santiago y alrededores. https://www.escombros.cl
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.