Death of a King

Adrian, thanks for sharing.

What a crappy horrible death for any living creature to endure. It's sad to witness such suffering.

At least he wasn’t found by hyenas before he died.

What a powerful story.

I don't know. Maybe it's my having grown up on a farm with livestock and numerous dogs and cats, but I think the compassionate thing would have been to put that poor lion out of his misery very quickly. Not stand by with a camera to document a slow, suffering death. But that's my opinion. Gotta feel pity for him.

ill bet he had a magnificent life,a real ass kicker.

I don't know. Maybe it's my having grown up on a farm with livestock and numerous dogs and cats, but I think the compassionate thing would have been to put that poor lion out of his misery very quickly. Not stand by with a camera to document a slow, suffering death. But that's my opinion. Gotta feel pity for him.
I guess I don't disagree. I felt pity also, but accept that this is how it usually happens.

Yep in the best of worlds that’s what I think I would do for him.

Sad. Apparently he had lived a grand life, but old age can be very cruel. Not sure leaving younger in a blaze of glory wouldn’t have been easier.

Mother Nature rules even over the King of the Jungle. Sad to see...

i probably would of tried to put his head in my lap, talked softly to him in his last moments and petted him and probably been his last kill.but he would of been happy,my wife would of been pissed.

Thanks for posting.

Interesting the demise of the three surviving Majingalane male coalition just happened in similar fashion in the Sabi Sands earlier this month and was similarly documented.

If interested there are some blog posts about that coalitions down fall on Londolozi's web site (and some other places that can be found on the net with a search).

I was lucky to see all 4 Majingalanes together on a buff kill with the Othawa pride before Hip scar male died, leaving three for a spell. To see the 3 remaining all fall in such a short time frame early this year was fascinating. And following the power vacuum left is going to be brutal on the prides left behind as territories are going to shift. (google up Majingalane's vs Mapogo's for some amazing video when they first came into the area, the Mapogos was a coalition of 6!)

I don't think folks realize how brutal Lion pride/Leopard dynamics are in the wild and its fascinating to watch it all unfold now thanks to live drives and internet posts on places devoted to following the big cats of Kruger/APNR areas. Watching a power struggle of a male Leopard losing territory also at the momen,t and there has been some amazing footage of the consequences.

mother nature is a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the story, and pics.

Apologies if already posted but an interesting series of photos and events....

https://travelguideandphotography.com/
He states, although he has photographed PEOPLE who have lost everything (including their family members) in natural disasters all over the world, he has NEVER photographed anything as sad as this lion dying!
Folks this is the misplaced empathy we face today. Animals are more important thepan people. Now that is sad.
Philip

He states, although he has photographed PEOPLE who have lost everything (including their family members) in natural disasters all over the world, he has NEVER photographed anything as sad as this lion dying!
Folks this is the misplaced empathy we face today. Animals are more important thepan people. Now that is sad.
Philip
But, maybe he didn't sit around a watch a person starve to death - That would be unethical and hard to romanticize o_O

i can think of a few humans that i would enjoy watching die,starting with hag Clinton,etc,etc,etc,im sure you can fill in the names.

i can think of a few humans that i would enjoy watching die,starting with hag Clinton,etc,etc,etc,im sure you can fill in the names.
Speaks more poorly of you than them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg