CZ550 Scope Problems - Help...

I know this an old thread but I just purchased a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby, and its having the exact same problem. I am ~ 8 inches low at 30 YDS with the elevation on my scope maxed out. How did you overcome your issues and do you have any lessons learns so I don't repeat the same mistakes.
 
Last edited:
I know this an old thread but I just purchased a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby, and its having the exact same problem. I am ~ 8 inches low at 30 YDS with the elevation on my scope maxed out. How did you overcome your issues and do you have any lessons learns so I don't repeat the same mistakes.

I had same issue with 458 Lott.
Solution is a scope with a lot of moa travel.
Like Leupold VX5 or VX6 series. They have the most MOA travel of any scopes.

I started out with a Swarovski Z6 and ran out of elevation and was still 10 inches low at 100.

Leupold solved problem with enough in CDS to still dial to 300 yards if I needed to.

Look at the new Leupold VX6 Patrol Duplex FireDot. Has just as much MOA but no CDS. Just put one on my 458 Lott.
 
I had same issue with 458 Lott.
Solution is a scope with a lot of moa travel.
Like Leupold VX5 or VX6 series. They have the most MOA travel of any scopes.

I started out with a Swarovski Z6 and ran out of elevation and was still 10 inches low at 100.

Leupold solved problem with enough in CDS to still dial to 300 yards if I needed to.

Look at the new Leupold VX6 Patrol Duplex FireDot. Has just as much MOA but no CDS. Just put one on my 458 Lott.
I have a Leupold VX5 1-5X24 mounted in Warne rings, I'm still out of elevation on the scope and WAY low. 8.5 inches low at 30 yds, at 100 yds with the elevation maxed out I'm hitting dirt Infront of the target with the target ~3 ft hi. For reference I'm using factory Federal Safari Woodleigh Hydro Solid 416 Rigby.
 
I have a Leupold VX5 1-5X24 mounted in Warne rings, I'm still out of elevation on the scope and WAY low. 8.5 inches low at 30 yds, at 100 yds with the elevation maxed out I'm hitting dirt Infront of the target with the target ~3 ft hi. For reference I'm using factory Federal Safari Woodleigh Hydro Solid 416 Rigby.

Wow! You do have a problem. Mine wasn’t that bad. Contact Wayne at AHR is my next suggestion. He has a contact at CZ May see if they can help. Wayne did a number 2 to mine and it found it’s way back to CZ and they helped it some.

Also I know of one that had to use a 20moa picatinny rail from EGW to solve its problem. It was a 416 Rigby also.
 
I didn’t have this problem with either a CZ .375 or a .458 Lott. I have low Talley rings as recommended by Talley. Out of curiosity, what height are your rings? Low, medium or high?
 
I didn’t have this problem with either a CZ .375 or a .458 Lott. I have low Talley rings as recommended by Talley. Out of curiosity, what height are your rings? Low, medium or high?
low
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,268
Members
169,990
Latest member
RachelleAu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top