CZ550 Scope Problems - Help...

I know this an old thread but I just purchased a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby, and its having the exact same problem. I am ~ 8 inches low at 30 YDS with the elevation on my scope maxed out. How did you overcome your issues and do you have any lessons learns so I don't repeat the same mistakes.

Last edited:
I know this an old thread but I just purchased a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby, and its having the exact same problem. I am ~ 8 inches low at 30 YDS with the elevation on my scope maxed out. How did you overcome your issues and do you have any lessons learns so I don't repeat the same mistakes.

I had same issue with 458 Lott.
Solution is a scope with a lot of moa travel.
Like Leupold VX5 or VX6 series. They have the most MOA travel of any scopes.

I started out with a Swarovski Z6 and ran out of elevation and was still 10 inches low at 100.

Leupold solved problem with enough in CDS to still dial to 300 yards if I needed to.

Look at the new Leupold VX6 Patrol Duplex FireDot. Has just as much MOA but no CDS. Just put one on my 458 Lott.

I had same issue with 458 Lott.
Solution is a scope with a lot of moa travel.
Like Leupold VX5 or VX6 series. They have the most MOA travel of any scopes.

I started out with a Swarovski Z6 and ran out of elevation and was still 10 inches low at 100.

Leupold solved problem with enough in CDS to still dial to 300 yards if I needed to.

Look at the new Leupold VX6 Patrol Duplex FireDot. Has just as much MOA but no CDS. Just put one on my 458 Lott.
I have a Leupold VX5 1-5X24 mounted in Warne rings, I'm still out of elevation on the scope and WAY low. 8.5 inches low at 30 yds, at 100 yds with the elevation maxed out I'm hitting dirt Infront of the target with the target ~3 ft hi. For reference I'm using factory Federal Safari Woodleigh Hydro Solid 416 Rigby.

I have a Leupold VX5 1-5X24 mounted in Warne rings, I'm still out of elevation on the scope and WAY low. 8.5 inches low at 30 yds, at 100 yds with the elevation maxed out I'm hitting dirt Infront of the target with the target ~3 ft hi. For reference I'm using factory Federal Safari Woodleigh Hydro Solid 416 Rigby.

Wow! You do have a problem. Mine wasn’t that bad. Contact Wayne at AHR is my next suggestion. He has a contact at CZ May see if they can help. Wayne did a number 2 to mine and it found it’s way back to CZ and they helped it some.

Also I know of one that had to use a 20moa picatinny rail from EGW to solve its problem. It was a 416 Rigby also.

I didn’t have this problem with either a CZ .375 or a .458 Lott. I have low Talley rings as recommended by Talley. Out of curiosity, what height are your rings? Low, medium or high?

I didn’t have this problem with either a CZ .375 or a .458 Lott. I have low Talley rings as recommended by Talley. Out of curiosity, what height are your rings? Low, medium or high?
low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg