Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Just wanted to share my experience with Tim at Matrix with you all.
I sent them a CZ 550 458 win mag Dec 8 2022. Just got it back today. 1/31/23

Tim was a pleasure to work with. Kept me updated on the progress of the makeover. Sent pictures as he was doing certain aspects of it. The rifle came out great. Can't wait to put Trijicon RMR on it and get to range. This was a restock and No2 with recoil reducer added. The deep blue Cerakote is awesome finish on it
IMG_4995.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

Looks good and the 6 week time frame seems very prompt. Congrats
Bruce

Looks great! I may have them do the synthetic stock and Cerakote, but want to be able to switch back to my walnut stock most of the time. I want to take my "baby" 500 Jeffery to Alaska. For that I want it CeraKote'd and in a synthetic stoc,

full

Last edited by a moderator:
My cz 458 Lott is very close to yours. Only 8.5 lbs. l love it.

@Mark Biggerstaff - beautiful rifle. If I'm not mistaken it looks like a Bell & Carlson kevlar stock. The one I had was a dead ringer for yours. When Wayne (AHR) had mine I had him remove the front sling swivel stud and epoxy fill the hole.

Good to hear that Matrix is keeping up the work that AHR and Triple River were doing. The CZ550 is a wonderful platform but sometimes need a little tweaking to get just right.

@Mark Biggerstaff - beautiful rifle. If I'm not mistaken it looks like a Bell & Carlson kevlar stock. The one I had was a dead ringer for yours. When Wayne (AHR) had mine I had him remove the front sling swivel stud and epoxy fill the hole.

Good to hear that Matrix is keeping up the work that AHR and Triple River were doing. The CZ550 is a wonderful platform but sometimes need a little tweaking to get just right.

Yes. It is a Bell and Carlson stock.
I was not anticipating Tim putting on the barrel band sling stud. I will remove the front swivel stud in the stock now.

Tim and I have had some great email and phone conversations since they completed my Lott upgrade. He’s really got some wheels turning for that business in terms of new ideas. He, oddly enough, shared the nuts and bolts of your recoil reducer with me over email the other night! Didn’t know it was your rifle, at the time.

Absolutely gorgeous rifle! I don't say that often about synthetic stock rifles but the smith work, CeraKote almost looks like normal bluing and the stock looks phenomenal as well. I've only heard great things about the B&C kevlar stocks.

Tim and I have had some great email and phone conversations since they completed my Lott upgrade. He’s really got some wheels turning for that business in terms of new ideas. He, oddly enough, shared the nuts and bolts of your recoil reducer with me over email the other night! Didn’t know it was your rifle, at the time.

Yea. Great job on installing it. The hollow butt is now completely filled with epoxy and balance is perfect

Looks good. I have another CZ action and .404 barrel and have been thinking about whom to send it to. Looking forward to range report

That looks great, Mark! Glad to hear that you had a good experience.

As I mentioned to you, I had two rifles with Matrix last year and both were done poorly. Just sloppy work. Also took many months longer than expected and the final product still looked rushed.

I will say that everyone I spoke with was professional and did an excellent job communicating. I think that my timing was just unlucky, pretty sure the guys that messed up my rifles were fired. Tim stepped in personally to fix the issues at his cost (even shipping). I appreciated that but wouldn't send them additional work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.