Captain Munro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
jtwannabewriter.blogspot.com
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
IS this a high or normal price for a CZ 550 Safari Classic in 300 H&H?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1031228613
Does anyone have one in 300 H&H or 300 Win Mag? Specifically, this style with barrel band, ebony fore end etc. What do you think of them? I have it in my head that I want a 300 H&H someday, even if it is hard to come by.

Attachments

• CZ-USA 550 Safari Classic II 25%22 300 H&H (14099) - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 103...pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
Certainly is a beautiful rifle.

Ouch, that seller is a bit ambitious. :ROFLMAO:

CZ550's have increased in price/value substantially since CZ discontinued the model..

but they havent increased that much... he is WAY overpriced IMO...

If you are lusting for a 300 H&H at a reasonable price... check the usual outlets for Remington 721's... Remington made the 721 in 300 H&H from 1948 - 1961 (when Remington was still making very good firearms).. they are typically very affordable ($350 - $1000 depending on condition).. and Ive never known a 720 or 721 that wasnt an excellent shooter..

I got one from another member here on A&H last year and have been SUPER happy with it (eats anything I feed it, shoots everything at 1 MOA or better, feels really nice in the hands, etc)..

Theres 300 H&H Rem 721 on GunJoker right now that has what appears to be a nice aftermarket stock on it thats currently at $865... Im betting it goes under $1K (just 2 days left on the auction).. If I didnt already have the one in the safe, I'd be bidding on that one I think..

CZ550's have increased in price/value substantially since CZ discontinued the model..

but they havent increased that much... he is WAY overpriced IMO...

If you are lusting for a 300 H&H at a reasonable price... check the usual outlets for Remington 721's... Remington made the 721 in 300 H&H from 1948 - 1961 (when Remington was still making very good firearms).. they are typically very affordable ($350 - $1000 depending on condition).. and Ive never known a 720 or 721 that wasnt an excellent shooter..

I got one from another member here on A&H last year and have been SUPER happy with it (eats anything I feed it, shoots everything at 1 MOA or better, feels really nice in the hands, etc)..

Theres 300 H&H Rem 721 on GunJoker right now that has what appears to be a nice aftermarket stock on it thats currently at $865... Im betting it goes under $1K (just 2 days left on the auction).. If I didnt already have the one in the safe, I'd be bidding on that one I think..

Rifle it's at $975 now. :(

My bad, I didn't see the link you posted and did a search and didn't come up. Saw it now. (y) (y) Very nice rifle!

gunbroker you can usually find a nice one in the 2200 2500 range

There are three 300 H&H Win Pre-64's on GB right now.

Way less than $3500.

DB

It’s down to $3500 now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.