CZ Craig Boddington Signature Rifle

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by Josh333333333, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Red Leg

Red Leg AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
    But it does matter to me @35bore - and if doesn’t to you then fine. You are absolutely free to have and express that opinion. I am happy with the gunmaker’s or manufacturer’s name. I even like my own initials on a firearm built for me or with bespoke features. But I’ll pass on on carrying around an advert for Boddington regardless how it shoots. And look if he can get a gunmaker to pay him a commission to use his name, and if people line up to buy the thing, good for him. But that commission won’t be any of my money. The OP asked my opinion and that is it as clearly and honestly as I can articulate it.

Scott CWO and ack like this.

2. Newboomer

Newboomer GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
    Hunted:
    RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
    The only "autographed" gun I ever had was my Red Ryder lever action BB gun. Back in those days that was the one that every kid just had to have. Since then I've never had the inclination or saw the need for a gun with someone's name on it. I'm not a fan of engraving on guns, either. Give me plain blue steel and good wood. Shoots just as well and doesn't hurt as much when it gets dinged.

3. ack

ack AH Enthusiast

Just can't beat a good ol "Red Ryder"

Fastrig likes this.

4. Milan

Milan AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Alberta, RSA
    I for one like the mods on the CB model. I think they'd be worth doing on all the big CZ 550 but especially on the .375 H&H which is otherwise too long, bulky and heavy for a .375 H&H. Are those mods worth the price? Well if you can have same or more mods done for less, then no. Otherwise it is a pretty good CZ model. If I were to customize a big CZ 550 I would have the barrel shortened some more, to 22", but otherwise same mods, especially slimmer, lighter stock.

5. Fastrig

Fastrig AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    No opinion on this signature CZ one way or the other as I’ve never seen one. I like all my CZ's, they are great guns for the money. However, for not a whole lot more than what this signature version costs you could step into a Blaser R8 in 375. It is a better rifle than the 550, even in its lowest priced configuration. If Blaser offered the R8 in a 404J it would be my dream gun, unfortunately they don’t :(

6. colorado

colorado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Don't mind the signature but Jim Corbett would be better :)

ack, Nkawu and Milan like this.

7. Jumare Jaeger

Jumare Jaeger New Member

CB won the 2017 Weatherby Award. I respect that.

I would expect that the rifle would retain above average resale value. Its probably a good looking &well made gun.

8. mark-hunter

mark-hunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
    In this industry there are: outfitters, and clients, there are intermediates, like travel or hunting agents, plus equipment manufacturers.
    And their roles, as clients (as investors) and equipment makers, (guns, clothing, ammo, etc) or service providers (agents, oufitters )are clear .

But, in this industry - in my view the hardest job (to make living) is outdoors and gun writers.
    Although they are integral part of it.
    Who would ever hear of Africa, and go there - if there were none of them?

But - there are only few of them, that actually made it, and make living - full time of this job.

So if some of these writers, managed to make his name with his knowledge, writing, and experience, can make additional money by selling his signature (or his "brand") on some product - I dont mind.
    And it is also not uncommon in other industries. (like "Nike", etc)

But I have to say, this is not the way how I do my purchase!
    So in this case, if I could see performance, ergonomy, fitting, accuracy, additional practical features on this particular rifle, and if it suits me - then - and - only -then, I would buy it, regardless of additional cost.

But for the sake of signature, only - I would not.

Fastrig likes this.

9. Forrest Halley

Forrest Halley AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    I'm not much on signature series of anything. I like that there are some interesting chamberings in the series, but Lipseys could've taken care of that with their limited runs. I'm not so sure that a .450 Nitro Ruger No. 1 is going to sell without a little bit of hype.

10. colorado

colorado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I'd like a gun that Jim Corbett, Harry Selby, maybe a 505 Gibbs that Doctari owned and signed. Nothing against Craig, seems like a nice guy and an accomplished hunter. Otherwise I'll just keep my plain Jane CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2019
    Fastrig likes this.