Currently watching a rifle I really want on GB that has a decent Buy it Now price

Since you pretty much summarized that he is a scammer how about posting up a link to it.

Some of the rest of us might be able to have some fun with him.

Since you pretty much summarized that he is a scammer how about posting up a link to it.

Some of the rest of us might be able to have some fun with him.

A game of bait the scammer! What a great idea!!! Hmmm, how many of these guns do you have? Do you have anything else I might be interested in? Do you accept Target gift cards as payment? We could start a thread of the responses.

On MeWe there is many gun sell and buy groups, also many anti scam groups that has many scammers reported,and one can look up name on potential scammera in the " search" on groups.

They set up a document on the group search with names,adresses, nicks , also outaide online info is hecked on them too.

And many tips there to see redflags and such.

Several times I have contacted selleers/potential sellers, requesting more pictures or information or if local, a first person inspection. I have never been declined. I you are not able to confirm /inspect the firearm, forget about it.

Check gunsamerica.com and gunsinternational. com to see if the same gun is listed. GB scammers are good for lifting those ads and posting on other sites. As far as optional photos with today's newspaper or other dated material next to the item, Photo Shop can do that and it's no guarantee the seller is in possession. Armspay https://www.armspay.com/ is an escrow service for firearm transactions. For a sketchy transaction, I'd use it.

I avoid NR sellers on gun sites. No history as a seller or buyer, no way. Lots of guys want to start out as a seller, but most buyers avoid them, I do.
If you can go see the rifle thats different but otherwise forget it. Too many scammers and hammerheads on GB these days.

For every person that admits getting scammed, there are a hundred others who won't confess. Been buying and selling on GB and the other sites for sixteen years and I've never seen the scams this prevalent.

Gotta stay frosty. Be vigilant in your research and steadfast in your decisions.

Gotta stay frosty. Be vigilant in your research and steadfast in your decisions.
Deal with AHers if possible . Safe bet. Run out a query and someone may have just you're looking for.

Not saying if he is a scammer or he isn't a scammer but his response to me for another picture or two was "No". Too fishy for me.

I got a much better deal from a genuinely nice guy on here anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.08.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.08.01 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.08.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.08.03 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 46
You’re not kidding they’ve gone up. I was on Gunbroker last night and got quite a shock. Haven’t been looking in a while.
I've pretty much quit looking at GB anymore.

If he's not willing to at least meet you halfway for a cash transaction just forget about it. I have done lots of business with sellers on both GB and guns international and much prefer guns international. There seem to be more scammers on GB.

Initial and a follow up bid by an NR bidder, possibly a shill, another red flag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerekDeLit

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you