Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Professional Hunters Association of Zambia
Break out your thinking caps chaps...

My dad recently bought a Cogswell & Harrison 458WM on which he would like to mount a red dot scope.
The scope is an older 30mm tube and has rings, but I am open to buying him new rings if needed
The question is what kind of bases, or bases and rings do I buy for him.

Heading to a gunsmith is not an option due to where we are.

I am flying down to RSA this week and I can have a look down there, but before I do, I thought best to see what the vast knowledge base on here has to say.

At some stage, the previous owner marked the receiver for what I assume were scope bases, unfortunately the markings are a few mm off center.

I have attached a few pics of the action here, let me know if anyone has any ideas and options that I can look at.
I used the vernier to try get an idea of the dimensions in case anyone was curious.

Thanks
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-16.jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-17 (1).jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-17 (2).jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-18 (1).jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-18.jpg

Looks like a neat pickup. Perhaps it may be included in an inheritance one day.;)

Mike Taylor probably has some ideas, some of the London chaps that he knows like Newton would be a good source.

Rookhawk scoped a Cogswell Harrison in 375 2-4 years ago. You might ask him. He has some photos somewhere on AH. I believe the mount was on the offside of the action and were a cantilever design.

Sorry I can't help any more than that. Let us see what it looks like when your done.

Looks like a neat pickup. Perhaps it may be included in an inheritance one day.;)

Mike Taylor probably has some ideas, some of the London chaps that he knows like Newton would be a good source.

Rookhawk scoped a Cogswell Harrison in 375 2-4 years ago. You might ask him. He has some photos somewhere on AH. I believe the mount was on the offside of the action and were a cantilever design.

Sorry I can't help any more than that. Let us see what it looks like when your done.
Thanks for the advice. I will look up rookhawks post.
I’m hopeful he doesn’t sell it, it shoots beautifully.

Looks like a standard m98 action
Perhaps I will get a set of mounts this week and see if they fit when I get back next month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!