Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Professional Hunters Association of Zambia
Break out your thinking caps chaps...

My dad recently bought a Cogswell & Harrison 458WM on which he would like to mount a red dot scope.
The scope is an older 30mm tube and has rings, but I am open to buying him new rings if needed
The question is what kind of bases, or bases and rings do I buy for him.

Heading to a gunsmith is not an option due to where we are.

I am flying down to RSA this week and I can have a look down there, but before I do, I thought best to see what the vast knowledge base on here has to say.

At some stage, the previous owner marked the receiver for what I assume were scope bases, unfortunately the markings are a few mm off center.

I have attached a few pics of the action here, let me know if anyone has any ideas and options that I can look at.
I used the vernier to try get an idea of the dimensions in case anyone was curious.

Thanks
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-16.jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-17 (1).jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-17 (2).jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-18 (1).jpg
PHOTO-2019-02-18-14-22-18.jpg

Looks like a neat pickup. Perhaps it may be included in an inheritance one day.;)

Mike Taylor probably has some ideas, some of the London chaps that he knows like Newton would be a good source.

Rookhawk scoped a Cogswell Harrison in 375 2-4 years ago. You might ask him. He has some photos somewhere on AH. I believe the mount was on the offside of the action and were a cantilever design.

Sorry I can't help any more than that. Let us see what it looks like when your done.

Looks like a neat pickup. Perhaps it may be included in an inheritance one day.;)

Mike Taylor probably has some ideas, some of the London chaps that he knows like Newton would be a good source.

Rookhawk scoped a Cogswell Harrison in 375 2-4 years ago. You might ask him. He has some photos somewhere on AH. I believe the mount was on the offside of the action and were a cantilever design.

Sorry I can't help any more than that. Let us see what it looks like when your done.
Thanks for the advice. I will look up rookhawks post.
I’m hopeful he doesn’t sell it, it shoots beautifully.

Looks like a standard m98 action
Perhaps I will get a set of mounts this week and see if they fit when I get back next month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you