Close Quarters With A Crocodile

Friend Ponton
Your client is truly a humble man with integrity and honour. To blame himself for the injury to the coolie and asking his forgiveness is the sign of a truly great man.
Also to have him ask for your input into his rifle build shows his humble bearing.
I am glad the coolie survived due to your quick actions. Did the client get to keep the skin of t the crocodile.
Your friend
Bob
Actually Bob ... The client did not get to keep the skin of the crocodile ... because he did not pay a trophy fee for that brute . He only took 2 full head mounts of the Bengal Bush Boar and the gaur bison ... Back to South Dakota . We did not " hunt " the crocodile . I was forced to kill it ... because it had attacked the coolie .
The skin was confiscated by the Maharashtra Forest Department .

Why , the " .450 Alaskan " and the " .450 Kodiak " cartridges look virtually identical , Bob ! Does the .450 Alaskan utilize a 400 grain bullet , as well ?
Friend Ponton
Yes the 450 Alaskan can be used with any .458 projectiles as long as the cartridge overall length is able to feed thru the magazine. So from 300 to 500 grains should be fine. A 400grain hard cast should drive completely thru a water buffalo side on.
Did you perchance read about the person that developed it in the article I attached and was it the same person.
Your friend
Bob

Why thank you so much , Bob.
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed this reminiscence of mine ... so much . I believe that the appropriate terminology for your phenomenon is called , being " Cross Dominant " .
Riaz's wife , Melina has the exact same phenomenon . She is a right hander . However , her dominant shooting eye is her left eye . That is why she learnt to shoot from her left shoulder .
Friend Ponton
It's just a pain in the arse explaining to people that your left handed and have to shoot right handed.
Bob

Very nice article..I really liked the way you put it.. "We are hunters ,not butchers" this is the idea which most people fail to understand..
Very few Indian people of your generation understand this today , Kunal Beta . Your parents certainly raised a very sensible young man .
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed it so much.

Very few Indian people of your generation understand this today , Kunal Beta . Your parents certainly raised a very sensible young man .
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed it so much.
Thank You,Sir for your kind words..I really have to learn a lot from you..The privilege is mine that I got acquainted to you..

Great story, with luckily a happy ending. Thank you Major and keep the stories coming.
Why thank you so much for your kind words , Die Jager . Indeed ... If I was a few seconds too late in reacting ... Then , my poor coolie would have lost an entire leg . Or worse ... His life .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg